My MicroBlue experience

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by gokiddogo, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Timken won't sell them with MB treatment because MB works well enough that it effectively doubles, if not more the life of the bearings. Timken makes money from parts wearing out. Same as the old motors, 3406 cat, old detroits, old cummins, just never seem to die. How you make money if you have no repeat business?

Dice1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    These are expensive bearings (4 bearings list price about $100 000-00) so I suppose they would be more reluctant and I more curious.
    They are catalog bearings but they only manufacture to order with up to 4 months lead time.

4. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I know how you feel and rather just let them keep getting poor fuel mileage that makes it easier to keep my bottom line more profitable.

5. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm chomping at the bit to get my trailer bearings done. But everytime I'm about ready, maintenance, repair and warranty issues arise...pushing it back. GRRR!!!

6. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I at one time drank the KR kool-aid and gave micro blow bearings a try and was fooled by lower temps in the hub " did 1 axel on tractor " I am ashamed to admit I then ordered a full set for a trailer I did not get to the installation for a couple of months - I have more than 1 trailer- when setting the preload on the trailer bearings some of the oil was running out and it was discolored with the coating of the MB bearings this caused me to watch the hub temps on the tractor much more often I then discovered NO DIFFERENCE in the axels on my tractor SOOOO my conclusion is the smurfy blue coating does help but does not last long enough to enjoy a payback your just buying high price SKF bearings with a spray on coating. Also if you have questions about my installation I do use torque wrench and a dial indicator

beltrans and Davidlee Thank this.
  7. Davidlee

Davidlee Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I have a half set of MicroBlue tractor bearings for sale. I decided to call it a loss and not waste anymore time with this SCAM. I can't believe I wasted so much money on such rubbish!

ingedavi and beltrans Thank this.
  8. TheLittleGuy

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm on day two of having the MicroBlue on my trailer bearings. no fuel increases to report yet. But it definitely rolls smoother and I coadt down hill a lot faster!

oh and I'm at gross, hauling taters East out of Idaho.

9. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I installed my Microblue bearings June 2011, 3 years and over 300,000 miles later my truck is still getting great fuel mileage.

[​IMG]

Most of the no gains after MB bearings installed is from improper installation or installation on damaged spindles/axles from fatigue and wear. Big discussion about this in FB "9+ MPG Club" group with pictures and facts about this issue.

king Q and Grey Dodge Thank this.
  10. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    That is the biggest problem with the regular timken bearings, improper installation. Naturally with the Micro Blue so much more attention is paid to the process so naturally there is a noticeable difference. Installed correctly I won't argue the point I'm sure the coating has less drag than a factory timken or SKF. I think a guy should spend his money how he see's fit.

11. TheLittleGuy

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Well the shop I took it to, I know and trust and had several discussions beforehand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.