My Millis Experience -

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Baritone, May 16, 2010.

1. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    It's a possibilty. Will have to check with Training as I am not sure how they will work the TX students. One thing to remember, if you go out with me, you'll most likely not see home for the entire time unless we get a load back to TX and have time to stop for the night. Just wanting to ensure you're aware.

PM me your name just in case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Still rolling hard - After NY City got a short load out of NJ going to Syracuse. Grabbed that and had it back to final before midnight ending the week on a very high note but the late nights are really starting to get to my student and I.

Once empty at about 10PM we got a load out of Niagara Falls going to Neenah, WI and ran over to the Falls to grab it atleast. Stopped by Weedsport and grabbed a quick shower and then on to the Falls!

Got to the customer about 11:15PM and got loaded immediately - pulled off to the parking area and called it a night. Headed out early in the AM as we were trying to get through Chicago before the snow storm was to hit. About half way to Chicago was asked to re-power a load and to meet the driver in Lake Station IN. Needless to say the snow was moving faster than I expected and we hit bad weather and roads about South Bend IN. Finally made it too Lake Station and swapped loads and started back East on 90 towards Wilkes Barre PA for a 4PM delivery the next day.

We made it about to the Ohio State line and decided it was just too bad to run any further. So grabbed a shower, some dinner and called it a night. Headed out early the next morning and ran to Wilkes Barre PA - was a new customer Lion Brewery. Small place and on a very tight street. Since we arrived 2 hrs early the customer didnt know what to do with us so we were sent to their warehouse a block away to off load the glass there.

Once unloaded were sent to Mountain Top PA for a three stop load with a final in Fond Da Lac WI. Stopped in Richfield last night - laundry and a good dinner at the Sawmill was just what I needed. Once we were empty at the final we ran to Green Bay to grab a load going to Cherokee, AL for a 5am Sunday delivery. Also got a preplan out of Courtland going back to Hammond IN for Monday. Shaping up to be another great week.

Sitting at the TA in Russell, IL for the night since we were held up in traffic we decided not to hit Chicago at 530PM on a Friday. We'll head out early in the AM and get down there tomorrow and do out best "begging" to deliver early. But we all know how that goes at this customer.

Hope everyone remembers to change their clocks this weekend and please be safe out there!

4. ohiobound

ohiobound Light Load Member

I will go with you Baritone... I am dome March 20th out of Burleson, and already prepared that it will be a syeady 6 weeks out.

5. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I really appreciate that - however I will not be done with my current student until that time or a few days later depending on truck availability. Then I have home time set for the last week of the month. Dont want to make you wait that long.

6. ohiobound

ohiobound Light Load Member

Bob Rhodes just called and will be my trainer, sounds like a really good guy!

7. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Awesome - congrats and keep us posted on your progress! Now the real fun begins!

8. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I must say the miles have been outstanding since getting my student. However I am exhausted. Sitting in Freemont IN tonight and rolling to White Hall, IL for a drop tomorrrow and then a preplan to Pontoon Beach IL for a load going up into WI for Monday. I am actually glad we can slow role these loads as I am needing some time away from the truck.

Should be able to test out my student later next week and he can start making some real money on his own. Should be a great addition to Millis.

Be safe out there!

Myoneload Thanks this.
  9. kidnya

kidnya Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Hey Dave, I been thinkin' about getting into trucking and watched your videos....great BTW! and read your thread and others, but I can't remember anyone saying how the drivers seats are in the trucks. Are they comfortable? since I'm about your age I was wondering how your back is with a couple of years under your belt now, any problems? Thanks in advance

10. striker262

striker262 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Madison, IN.
    Baritone, Thanks for the post detailing your pick ups and drops! It gives some depth to help understand what it will be like on the road. It's people like you who make Millis the great company that it is. I hope to meet you some day. I will be attending school in Trenton, Ohio beginning in June and have found the posts in this forum to be very informative.
    Thanks again and keep it up!

11. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Not Baritone but I can say the seats aren't hateful, but a seat cushion doesn't hurt for extra support. If you have a 12v massaging seat cushion they can be handy to plug in on the fly, just not constantly on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.