My Millis Experience -

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Baritone, May 16, 2010.

1. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I wont say they are the best - but much better than most people have. There are many settings that you can adjust to help. I havent had any back issues at all.

Thanks so much for watching and reading the blog. I (like many others on here) post what we see/experience each day and glad that it's helpful.

Congrats on the start date and will look for you when I am through there. Trenton is my home terminal so in there a lot when going home and coming back out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Man what a blur the last 5 weeks have been. Student tested out in Cartersville last Wednesday and passed with flying colors and was assigned his truck. Got him all set up in the truck and noticed several items that needed attention before he was able to roll out. The shop jumped right on all of it and he was ready to roll the next morning.

Rolled out myself towards Florence, Alabama for a load going to Eau Claire, WI. Not sure if the other drivers feel this way but would be so happy if we have more customers that had "paved" lots instead of all these dusty places we go. Dang truck wash hasnt lasted more than a day.

Got a preplan while rolling up to Eau Claire for a load out of Eau Claire to Milwaukee (I know - short load) but at least I wont be sitting. Got to about Effingham. IL and met up with another Millis driver and were able to run together all the way up. Sure makes the time go faster and BS with while rolling.

Dropped the Eau Claire load a day early and grabbed my next load just down the road. Not set to deliver until Tuesday but will get it off on Sunday if I can get into the brewery. Stayed the night in BRF and got some laundry done and cooked a good meal. Needed some rest so slept in the next morning.

Rolled to Milwaukee Sunday morning and was able to drop there (2 days early) and got a load to Columbus, OH for Monday morning. Rolled over to the West Allis lot and grabbed that load and headed towards Chicago. Run was good until I hit the 201 MM on I65 South in Indiana. It started snowing and became a "white-out" with in about 5 miles from there. Kept moving as I was afraid if I stopped there I would never get out of there.

Got down to about the 140 and all heck broke loose - cars sliding into the ditches and then two trucks jack-knifed and that was enough for me. Shut it down at the 139 and dang near didnt get into the parking spot the snow was so deep and I had about 46.5 in the box.

Got up Monday morning early and headed towards Columbus and it wasnt any better than the night before. Didnt get any better until I hit Columbus and it was all clear. Delivered that load and was sent to Trenton for a load going to Montgomery, NY. Ran down and grabbed that and off towards NY I went.

Got that load off and then was sent to Weedsport for a load going to Chicago. Had to have a "come-to-Jesus" with my travel agent as I am set for home time for Thursday. Needless to say - here I sit in Lodi on a load that I have to deliver in Cin, OH at noon tomorrow. So wont get home until later Thursday. Have been out 5 1/2 weeks and really need to get out of this truck LOL.

Will deliver this tomorrow and then headed to the house for 5 days off. Then back to Richfield to grab another student and start all over again.

Hope everyone has a great Easter and please stay safe out here!

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  4. navyguy

navyguy Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I've enjoyed reading this thread and Millis seems to be better than most. I'm a retired Navy vet with 25 yrs of service and I'm currently in school getting my CDL. I do have my permit though and have been giving serious thought to leaving this school and coming to Millis because I still have 3 months left here and I'm itching to get out on the road. I submitted an app yesterday and am waiting on an answer and hopefully I will be approved. I do have a question and if this has already been answered I apologize. My question is, does Millis run all 48 or primarily stay east of the Mississippi? I'm wanting to drive all 48 if possible.

5. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    we run mostly east of the Mississippi and texas however we do run on west some

navyguy Thanks this.
  6. galawdog

galawdog Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2013
    fayetteville, ga
    Hey Baritone. It was good to meet you and your son yesterday in Cartersville. Good luck with your trainee. Hopefully see you out there again when I finish training.

7. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    It was great to meet you too. Keep me posted on your progress!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.