My Millis Experience -

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Baritone, May 16, 2010.

1. Kix

Kix Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You got a great thread going Baritone, keep it coming. I can't wait for the day I quit my job so I can start my trucking career. Millis is my go-to company seeing as how I live in Milwaukee and I've been hearing nothing but great things.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Especially on a friday during the summer. Everyone is getting out of the city and heading to the beaches.

4. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky

Thats exactly what I had planned to do - but 287 had a longer back up than 95 per what the road signs and the GPS traffic was picking up. Shot that plan all to hell.

I'm at exit 188 on 40 West. Right about Nashville. I am delivering to Caraustar. Wont take it early either. I am actually sitting at the Petro "right across the street" from them and they are there and unloading other trucks! I mean come on people.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  5. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I would agree with that. I think the entire city was leaving at the same #### time.

6. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    i know where your talking about i stopped there at the petro a few weeks ago when we were out there picking a jeep up for my brother and looking at a tractor in jackson i was thinking about buying

7. Baritone

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Been sitting here since 12 Noon. Two other Millis trucks here also. Wonder if they are delivering to the same place? Tried to find the drivers but they are hiding I guess.

Ok - question.....why do people have on their parking lights when sitting overnight at a truck stop? Am I missing something?

8. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I use to put them on so if there is a person going to back into the hole next to me they can judge there backing better seeing everything easier.

Skydivedavec and Zangief Thank this.
  9. Boomer08

Boomer08 Light Load Member

May 26, 2010
    Baritone let me ask a dumb question. I would assume that since Millis has their own school that everyone that graduates has a job with Millis. I saw on their website that they have classes that start every Monday with 6 people in each class. Let's just say they have classes every week of the year that is over 300 new drivers. Surely there can't be that many openings in a year with Millis. I have heard good things about Millis and would love to go to their school but would want a guarentee that I have a job if I graduate which I have no doubt I would because this is something that I want to do.

10. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    boomer they do one class per month at each terminal on average they just have them set up to where one usually starts about every monday

11. Boomer08

Boomer08 Light Load Member

May 26, 2010
    Well heck. I called Millis on Monday and I am outside their hiring area by about 240 miles. Oh well I was really wanting to go with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.