My "New" 1999 Pete

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Samuel Coyne, Aug 4, 2016.

1. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Ive seen that setup in mi before. It seems to work good. At least the back fender doesn't get crunched that way!

Samuel Coyne Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Samuel Coyne

Samuel Coyne Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Gladstone/Escanaba, MI
    The lowboy would never hurt the fenders even if I had true stainless full fenders! The only thing that would wreck them is if you leave the gooseneck support bar down and then make a corner. My dad has done that a couple times.

4. Samuel Coyne

Jan 9, 2016
    Gladstone/Escanaba, MI
    Had a short week last week due to me catching some nasty virus that's been going around, and a short (but hopefully a bit longer than last week) week for me again this week. Had the last three full days off, feels good to be back in the saddle. No pressure laid back gravy loads this week to get things rolling again. Truck is still running great, almost due for an oil change.

In case anybody was wondering, I am doing 12,000 mile oil change intervals, with a grease job halfway. Running Mobil Delvac 15W-40 currently, it will be switched to 10W-30 for the winter.

I hope everybody that follows this thread (and everybody else that reads this) has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

CallMeArty Thanks this.
  5. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    15 40 is year around oil. Before using 10 30 make sure it is rated for a diesel engine

Samuel Coyne Thanks this.
  6. Samuel Coyne

Jan 9, 2016
    Gladstone/Escanaba, MI
    Should be good. The shop my Dad and I use (my Dad and the owner are best friends) are CAT pros, they know every Cat in and out. They put 10W-30 in my Dad's C-15 ACERT as well in the winter. I am a firm believer that 10W-30 should be in this year round but as long as it's Delvac I guess I don't mind. :)

7. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
  8. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    you are responding to a thread nobody has responded to for 4 years with "c12"
    what does this comment mean to awaken the dead?

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.