My new adventure on the Phoenix Loop

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Joker85, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    So basically I'm gonna use this to talk about my adventures and for anyone that has questions. So I got a call today and already have a pre plan for Monday. That's pretty nice. 3 Day's in advance and I already know what I'm doing when I come back. I'm getting live loaded Monday morning in Phoenix. Dropping in Colton then picking up my student in California. I'll be happy with 2500 miles solo and 2000 training.

Hopefully it all works out because I'm looking forward to being home 3 to 4 days a week. :biggrin_25522:

jomar68 and critters Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Keep us informed! Take Care, Remember that trainee is just that, He knows nothing till you teach it to him? Take Care.

Joker85 Thanks this.
  4. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Basically anyone who doesn't know is mostly Phoenix to So Call, Vegas Albuquerque Durango and back to Phoenix. Home a couple nights a week. I'm very happy with my new role here at May Trucking. I busted my butt off at May for almost 3 years and it payed off

5. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Yes I know he'll be my 11th student. I give them the keys to be successful here.

6. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hey Joker, I got a pre-hire for MAY!!!! I will be done with school mid of May. Recruiter has tentatively set May 28 for orientation!! Can I request you to be my trainer?

G MAN

7. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    my hats off to you Joker for being a trainer,takes a special person to do that and be positive about it.

Joker85 Thanks this.
  8. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I'm pretty sure you can, considering you live in La. I'm a smoker tho don't know if you are. the week before you go pm me. I'm taking hometime memorial day its my birthday so I know I'll meet you for sur causE you're doing orientation in phx correct? And thanks critter appreciate it. Congrats on the pre hire. May is a good entry level company and if you find your niche a good place to continue. They have their flaws but every company does. I wish you the best of luck and safe travels on your new career.

9. GWG

GWG Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Joker. Yes I live in Los Angeles. Im a non smoker so that may be a deal breaker! Yes orientation in PHX. Question: are you bale to take the truck home? Recruiter says drop yard is in Colton, 74 miles from where I live and 45 more miles from Camarillo, where I will be living. Do the DM's work with you on this or are they strict?
    G MAN

10. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    Theres a 99% chance you'll park in colton. Especially being in the LA area with the high theft rate of freight abd commercial vehicles. I live 55 miles from phoenix

11. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    And park in phx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.