My new career with Superior Carriers begins!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Jun 18, 2012.

1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Well, the new gig is not keeping me busy enough. There is actually a thing as too much home time! So...called the Morrow terminal and the tm is having me come down this Friday to take the physical dexterity test (again). Pending that, I should have my old job back with Superior.

I should have never quit Superior. Even my gut feeling told me not to do it. But I thought I was doing something better for my family.

I have done a lot of looking around, I won't lie. I can honestly say in my opinion and personal experience that Superior has to be one of the best trucking companies to work for hands down. I definitely realized that after I quit. "Don't know what you have til' it's gone" was never a truer statement.

Anyways, wish me luck. Hope to be back on with you guys within then next couple of weeks.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    True statement! I've been trucking for 20 years. And worked for about a dozen different companies. Superior has the others beat by far! Good luck to ya Mark!

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Welcome back!!

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  5. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Morrow has hired a bunch of drivers this year. If they keep hiring drivers at this rate, we're going to need another new terminal. :D

6. Gumbo-gal

Gumbo-gal Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2015
    What's the physical dexterity test consist of? Also, I have made up my mind to work for Superior so any info that could help me would be appreciated. I was going to work for Schnieder for a year of experience but found out they are switching to automatics. At the same time I heard that Superior hires recent grads. I don't want to spend a year forgetting how to drive a Manuel and screw myself with Superior. any suggestions?

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Superior will be switching to automatics as well. The Petes in the fleet already are and the next wave of Macks will be 12 speed automatics. Hopefully they have some sleeper upgrades as well. It will probably take at least 5 years before the whole fleet switches over.

Coolbreeze Thanks this.
  8. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I could have used an Auto yesterday...Bypassed DC on 301 all the way from Delware to around Bowling Green before getting back on 95...I should have known it was going to be stoplight hell, but still quicker than DC evening rush. But boy after 60 miles of stop lights I was really thinking how an auto would be nice to have lol.

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Physical dexterity consists of about 10 different things from carrying some weights, pushing and pulling 80lbs? of force, walking on a balance beam, squatting under an a-frame ladder (simulate squatting under the truck), stair step for a minute, and a couple other things I can't remember.

They measure your heart rate while doing all this and it can't exceed so much % of your maximum heart rate for your age. I think maybe no more than 90% but I can't remember it has been so long ago.

10. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Yeah, I have been driving an automatic for the last 3 months and it has been sweet to say the least. Especially in traffic!

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Well I passed all the stuff today. So just waiting on a truck now. Should be back on board within the next two weeks. It is going to feel good to be back at Superior.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.