My new, final resting place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DenaliDad, Mar 20, 2015.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I don't get there often and stop even less, but the new J locations are getting Huddle House more often than not. One was built new near Ft.Wayne, IN near the intersection of 469 and US 30, and one was converted from I think All American at Frystown, PA(exit 10 I-78).

Good waffles.

Probably have seen more of them from when they had the magazine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I hope they do more, though their Denny's franchises are pretty successful. And the staff of the last Huddle I went to in North Dakota needs to head back to Customer Service 101. It was abysmal.

4. DenaliDad

And here is the thing that works against my having good pay weeks:

As you know from reading, I'm under a lumber load headed for Tennessee. I got the load late Friday and scaled this morning, only to find I'm 800 pounds overweight on the trailer axle. The shipper doesn't work the weekend, so instead of making miles, I'm sitting at the TA - and paying for it, by the way - waiting for them to adjust the load on Monday. Because of the delay, I won't be able to scan this load Monday to get paid for it next week.

This seems to happen more than it should and will impact what my future looks like.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. DenaliDad

The one good thing is that I'm working on overcoming my intense dislike of idling. I've just plain decided not to suffer any more than I do.

Opus, skellr and tow614 Thank this.
  6. DenaliDad

Random, non-truck thought:

Sitting here listening to early '60's music surfaces pleasant memories...and names like Janelle Howard, Barbara Hill, Becky, Carol Bell.

Days of young love crushes and no-pressure contacts.

tow614 Thanks this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I'd be working my way around the scales headed for Tennessee

8. DenaliDad

I checked. The only problem is Virginia and they have all the bases covered, no matter which reasonable way I would go.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    There's more than one way down to Tennessee, DD.

Cranky Yankee Thanks this.
  10. DenaliDad

If I go too far out of the route solution, I get charged for the fuel. It's moot now; I'm not going anywhere until they readjust the lumber.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Good job DD. They need to know you are not going to risk your CDL on one of their loads.

tow614 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.