My new, final resting place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DenaliDad, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    Wel is like the lil brother everywhere i go there they are
    of course being that i am on paper they are behind me

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I have been doing this long enough not to get surprised or shocked by anything, including how one human can treat another human. Today, that changed.

Without going into a lot of detail, let me just say I met the first truly unhappy employee of a large multinational corporation's shipping department as a yard driver. And by 'unhappy,' I mean deeply, profoundly, and sadly unhappy.

I came into the company's yard - "my yard," he called it - parked my truck, and started walking to the shipping door to arrange my live load. I did not get far before his very loud, highly irritating hiway horn blared at me. He stopped his tug, got out, stormed around the front and immediately started in about where I parked, how I parked, and what the hell was I doing in his yard, anyway?

I got over my shock pretty quickly and confirmed the address as my destination; I really did not want to have pulled in to the wrong business. He didn't answer but kept asking me why I parked there and why I parked like that and didn't I know WE ARE CLOSED?!?

The rest of my visit there was pretty much the same until he told me to GET THE HELL OUT OF MY YARD...NOW! I left.

That ended several hours ago and I must admit to feeling very discombobulated about the whole thing, even now. As I said, this poor guy is the first truly, deeply unhappy person I've met. Sure, there are truculent, disrespectful people with bad attitudes working for shippers and receivers all over the country; we've all met them.

This guy was an in an experience category all by himself. And it's five days until Christmas, a time of year when ther is supposed to be some kind of positive spirit around.

Not in "my yard," I can tell you that. And I still don't know what the deal was!

4. DenaliDad

My 65 will never be in the way of your 75, trust me!

5. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    well one of youse guys had my door at Belgioioso :confused:

6. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Hello DD. I see you still have not got trucking marked off your bucket list. Welcome back and I am looking forward to your adventures. It sure is frustrating when the lowest guy thinks he is the most important person at his company and has a big ego with a bad attitude. It is amazing how many truly unhappy people work in the grocery industry.
    I watched an argument awhile back at a store in Anchorage and a fellow owner operator told the receiver he should just go out back and kill himself to improve everybody's life. :D You could have heard a pin drop and all the vendors were running for cover. The receiver actually came around without being to much of an ###.
    I will be doing Christmas in Alaska again and it looks the deep freeze is setting in just in time at about -30:confused:.

Al. Roper, Cranky Yankee and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. DenaliDad

For some reason, marking it off the list is hard. It must have something to do with being paid pretty well and every week. Plus they give me a vehicle and fuel and all I have to do is drive around the country, which I really like to do.

I just don't like unhappy, low-level, big-ego, bad-attitude people shocking me.

8. DenaliDad

Parked for the night. Tomorrow starts a 14-hour run to Allentown, due on Christmas Eve Day. Then I drop and hook for another almost-1,000 mile run back West.

I think I might be the only WEL driver working over Christmas, so I get the long legs. Awww...throw me in that briar patch, Bre'r Rabbit!

Mtn Gal and Nitemare13 Thank this.
  9. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    see i told you these Wel guys follow me around
    I will be in Fogelsville Thursday noontime
    there were 6 Wel trucks at Belagiosio at 11 am today

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  10. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Did you end up in something nicer then what you had over at Western?

If I remember your blog correctly you hate idling.

11. DenaliDad

I was there later! I think our company must own stock in a leg...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.