My Orientation with WE begins tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Phoenix FIRE 33, Nov 21, 2016.

1. NotoriousV

NotoriousV Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2017
    So I started right before Phoenix (Nov 8th 2016) with Western. They tried to scare everyone with the hair test in days 3 and 4 of orientation. But I'm here to tell you all unless you have no choice do not go to Western for any other reason. They will screw you somehow. I ran FedEx loads with my trainer for 10 weeks. He had planned home time in WA at the end of it so they had me recover an abandoned truck (sat 3 months) in CO on my trainers way home. Barely any equipment on the truck so they advanced me money on the fuel card a few times for different things I needed to run flatbed. Every advance for equipment came out of my checks. Even after transfloing the receipts for equipment with loads I was never paid back. Fought with them for months on this. Also I forgot to mention I was paid 400 a week vs the promised 500 a week for 10 weeks. Now that I'm fed up and quitting, they want to work it out. Sorry too late. So now they're throwing a temper tantrum about it saying if I don't bring the truck in tonight to the Bethlehem yard I'll be charged with abandonment on my dac. Little do they know I already have another position waiting on me Monday morning. Even still, I offered to bring the truck to them this morning and was told no it had to have a load on it before they'll take the truck. I don't even know if they're going to pay me for another load if I went that route to appease them. So I'm not. F*** em. Short training pay. Short starting cpm. No reimbursements. And if you want home time during the week they'll make sure you don't get close to home. I missed my girls birthday by 5 days because they said we'll have you there for her and then 2 days before "Oh we don't do home time during the week ever". I hope this place burns to the ground, it's more of a stain on trucking than a positive place at all.

2. DayDreaming

DayDreaming Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Any more good things to report?
    How are the miles going?

3. Jfcchvac

Jfcchvac Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I am supposed to be starting next month. I am every bad thing y'all talk about with this company. It'll be fun to see how I fit in. I work for an infamous outlaw company now and I'm thriving. We will see how things go when I get Solo at WE. I'm excited offered 40cpm and I can have my dog with me. I would of took 32 as long as I can have my dog honestly.

Veryblessed, AlmightyBobtail and Ooops Thank this.
  4. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    I am looking forward to reading about your experience. I see WE trucks all the time, they look good.I hope it goes your way

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  5. Jfcchvac

Mar 21, 2017
    Well so far they have given me every reason they can't hire me. Even done math wrong. I've been staying on top of them. Application process still going. I feel like more of a recruiter for myself lol

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  6. Jfcchvac

Mar 21, 2017
    I start orientation the 24th. I'm going flat bed and they have told me they will give me tuition reimbursement. I'll keep you updated. They are a very pressure oriented company as I can tell. Working here taught me to do what's best for me and not let dispatch run me over. I think Western Express and I will have a good relationship

Veryblessed and AlmightyBobtail Thank this.
  7. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    When you said that they are a very pressure oriented company, do you mean that they are always on your case and micromanaging you with pressure? Screw that..

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  8. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Screw that!! My company leaves me the hell alone. I have gone weeks without speaking to my DM.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Perhaps a dumb ? but are you with Western Express? If so, how often do you run up to MA? They are always looking for drivers here in SE Mass. Tempting..

Veryblessed Thanks this.
  10. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I drive for West Side Transport. They treat me very well. I manage my time well, deliver on time and don't damage their equipment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.