My Parker professional driving school experience

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by roadglide11, Oct 7, 2017.

1. roadglide11

roadglide11 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    So I just finished my 8 week, weekend course at Parker cdl program in Avon, ma. I will say the first 2 weeks were tough. All class room, very repetitive. This is to help mainly with getting your permit. As boring as it was, I passed first try so it worked. Vinnie who was our in class instructor was great and very informative!

Next, the fun stuff! maneuvers and road training! The trucks are brand new, all training was done on 10 speeds. The trainers were, for the most part very good and patient. They really took the time to break down every maneuver. Each morning started out with pre trip and air brakes. You'd most likely do air brakes a couple times a day. Road training was great also, generally seemed to get at least 40ish minutes a day.

At the lot where we practiced in the trucks, there were two coarses set up. One was very clean and neat the other, not as much. But this was good as one side may be slightly different from the other when it came to reference points. This added at least a little more of a challenge.. more importantly, they did testing with the state trooper on the nicer side. So we would get a preview on what's to come.

Now the important part, test day! They scheduled the tests within the next two days after the last day of training. The tests went very well. 4 of the 6 of us passed first try. The 2 who didnt one didn't take it yet and other failed, but also missed a good amount of class time.

I believe all in the class + testing costed around $5,400. I passed everything 1st attempt and left with a job. So I'd say it's well worth it. Even more so when you take inconcideration the amount of companies willing to pay back tuition. I made this post as I've seen a lot of mixed reviews, which for the most part didn't reflect my experience, or those who attended with me!

Truckermania and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which company did you choose to work for?

4. roadglide11

roadglide11 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    TMC

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Rackpass 85

Rackpass 85 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Good luck ! It can be a gteat expeience!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.