My personal Roehl experience!

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Jrivas23, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Jrivas23

Jrivas23 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    Left the company May 2015 to go local for Central Transport.

Sorry for the delay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    In cab cameras are only installed in tractors once a driver has a certain ammount of accidents that are unjustified. So its in other words like another chance before they terminate you.

10-13 days are more than enough to learn the ropes. They are only there to show you the ropes and to chime you in on the companies expectations and the do's and dont's from the driver's point of view and side of the story.

In my personal experience I had a driver trainer who gave me plenty of drive time and pointers that help me still on my day-to-day.

Also you have to remember that 2 weeks are the norm, but if you need more time they will continue to train you for success. Remember that The company's best interest is that you come out of phase 2 (trainer's truck) ready to work.

Other companies might want to take more time in training their drivers for 2 reasons: being extra careful and thorough with the training and/or pay the trainee garbage for longer time while running the truck as a team operation, but thats just my opinion.

4. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI

Completely understandable. I had the same doubts/concerns, but either I was lucky to get a very good trainer to help me catch up fast enough or I was really good at it (just kidding on the last part, lol)

But one thing to know is that they will keep you with the trainer for as long as you need. The trainer gets paid for wvery day you spend in the truck and if you're not ready by the end of the 2 weeks it will actually benefit the trainer money wise...

5. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI

I can relate to this. The first time I went on a solo dispatch from WI to IL, although it was only 4.5 hrs of driving were nerve wrecking. Kept second guessing simple things and wondering if there was something I was not doing completely (paperwork wise, qualcomm, etc), to the point that I would not even turn the radio on so I didnt "loose focus".

On my way back from IL, I felt more and more comfortable and excited about the idea of driving back home to my wife and son after almost a month away.

6. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    I honestly feel bad for not reading this post when you actually wrote it.
    For what's worth I will still answer you.
    •The pay was not thaaaat bad. I still made 750-900 a week when I busted my ### on a Monday to Saturday week.
    •Fleet Manager (FM) will try to always set your trips based on your requested home-time "timing".

I always averaged 2500-2300 miles.

How are you doing now? Where are you working? You and wife still trucking?

7. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    They will run you as hard as you ask them to. :)

8. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    50K a year might depend on a whole lot of thinga tho. Not trying to sound pesimistic, but as a new driver I can tell you he would have to be very aggressive (sort of speak) in the way he will run (not talking about driving aggressive on the highway, but meaning he will have to be on the move in a very timely and fast paced way. Even like that other delays like shippers, consignees, traffic, trip planner and Fleer manager doing their job effectively, sacrificing extended home time, etc)

Wish you guys all the luck as a current truck driver and former tow truck operator.

9. Jrivas23

Jan 6, 2014
    Providence, RI
    500 weekly during training tho.

10. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Yes i understand that but that is $500 gross not net like the other guy was asking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.