My plan vs realality

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by army3641, Feb 22, 2015.

1. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015

Can't argue with that. Getting out after 4 is pretty much the norm. When I saw that you were 28...........I assumed you had been in longer. (and we all know what assumptions do):biggrin_2559:

Thank you for serving. If you ever get to Virginia Beach..........lunch is on me.

icepick Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Man...I wish i would have said that ^^^^^^^^^perfect , no way , shape . or form can that be added to.

icepick Thanks this.
  4. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Or NC...^^^^^^^

icepick Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    have a nice day tater tot .

6. Tator Tot

Tator Tot Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    seriously, if it is THAT bad, why would you do it for 27 years??? thats like having the clap and NOT going to the doctor....

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    well tater tot if ya can have a polite conversation il tell ya why :
    when i started is this biz drivers stuck together and the gov. wasnt up our butt at every corner and if a person worked reasonably hard you could start a family , buy a house , drive a decent car and put some money away .
    once one starts that process its to late to turn back for most and the odds these days of doing and better that just getting by are low .
    i feel very sorry for young people breaking into this biz when they gota work for 30 some cpm (i was making that in the early 90s and doing well )
    since then the cost of everything has gone through the roof while pay generally has stayed the same as the megas reap record profits .
    i am luckey enough to have a pretty good payin job again but as far recomending a young person get into this biz its not happening until the industry opens theyre checkbook and makes it worthwhile to a young driver .
    i know i sound pessimistic but historicly the industry buries its head in the sand till a problem reaches critical mass then they start cryin as they are doin now ...want drivers ? pay em !
    i dont feel dam bit sorry for the industry leaders , they knew this mess was comin !

8. Tator Tot

Tator Tot Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    while i totally agree that it is almost criminal that drivers pay hasnt increased much in the last 20 years, I will say this. The government is in the industry's ### for a very good reason. Too #### many amphetamine junkies driving for days in a row with no sleep killing people.

elogs are a GOOD thing, then the company cant ask you to run outlaw
    HOS are a good thing, then you cant let your ego or your greed put other people in danger

And industry profits are not all that high since the costs of doing business has gone through the roof too. Companies now offer insurance, that costs money, they have to offer 401K, that costs money, and they have to carry HUGE liability insurance on every single truck since americans just LOVE to sue people. That costs a LOT of money

I agree with you that driver pay should be DOUBLE at least what it is tho. But I doubt that will ever happen.

9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    its a mess tater tot and glad we came to an understanding , i got 7 years to go and im done ...time to go pay bills .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.