My Poly Trucking experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by majestyk, Jun 15, 2016.

1. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    IMO, it's better if you live in DFW, but we have people from all over that drive for us. If you don't live around here, when your truck goes in the shop you have to slip seat. And here's the problem, you are not assigned another truck. You're given a list of trucks on the yard that are available to be checked out. Many of them will not be road worthy. Some won't even start. You have to go through the list and try and figure out which one you can roll with. That's been the hardest part for me. If you know beforehand, you can mentally prepare for it and it won't be such a shock. I have always found a truck eventually, but it's a PITA.

If a driver comes on the yard and has a problem with the equipment and doesn't write it up, then the the shop does not know about it. The next driver will have to "deal with it." Missing lugnuts, wipers not working, no AC etc. The list goes on and on.

Many drivers complain about the shop. "The shop! The shop!" They will krinkle their brow, raise their clenched fists in anger to curse the shop and all who work in it. But when there is a problem with the truck, all the driver has to do is fill out a sheet of paper and give it to a guy. But this is too hard for most. And when there is a problem with the trailer, all we have to do is place a repair tag on it. For many it is a mountain they lack the energy to climb.

Friend, if you have eyes to see and a brain to think with, then your services are needed here.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    All I can say is I will net about 85K this year when all is said and done with very little hassle. Are there things that could be done better here, of course but they aren't that much of a concern for me. I am being paid fairly well for the job I do, I run pretty much where I want to run and I get home when I want with enough time off to enjoy my down time. The average pay is closer to 0.60/mile with the additional drop/p/u pay and the other benefits that folks should take advantage of. The insurance is also decent and fairly inexpensive in my opinion. Everything I posted in this thread is the truth. If you are a self starter, not lazy, don't need to be baby sat and are not an idiot then this is a really decent place to drive for.

jdrentzjr Thanks this.
  4. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Last 4 paystubs please, Thank You.

5. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    @ least show me your last pay stub with year to date earnings. PM me if necessary. Thank You

6. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Showing you that wouldn't mean much as I am a statistical outlier as far as income goes. For a new driver taking advantage of the matching 401k (6%) you can plug in the amount of miles you anticipate running and multiply that by 0.60 and get a pretty good approximation of how much you will make here. 130,000k miles would put you in the 76-78k dollar range and it is pretty easy to turn that number of miles here even starting out.

7. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    You sound like a recruiter.

8. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    You got me. I may be lucky to turn 34K dollars this year. Poly is probably not your best choice to try to get on with, no miles, dispatchers hassling you all the time, driver managers calling you if you take more than 3 days off at home, stay far away from this operation.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    jdrentzjr and tucker Thank this.
  9. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    He’s not.
    I’ve met him when I worked there

majestyk Thanks this.
  10. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Pretty good recruiter documenting the last 8 years at Roehl, Crete and Poly in a blow by blow daily description of the plus and minuses of them all. Don't know if it attached properly but there is paystub through October 31 when I went home for a few days.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    tucker Thanks this.
  11. chemster

chemster Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    He is not a recruiter. I should know. I recruited him to Poly when he was at Crete.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.