My Poly Trucking experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by majestyk, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    I'm sorry but your blatant need to call President Trump out is sickening. I understand this is your thread but why complain here? I run autoparts and I have more to do now than I have in the past. It's slow and it always get slow this time of year. It isn't our presidents fault. I assume your all for letting other countries manufacture everything for us and we just stay dependent on them? I guess your okay with other countries treating us like crap because everyone wants to be "politically" correct instead of standing up for our great nation??
    Why is it that everyone who opposes us Republicans must be so very vocal and nasty about it? Do y'all get your jollies off of complaining about nothing? Sorry man but you wanna keep mentioning politics and an argument will find it's way to your door eventually.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Couldn't agree more with this post.
    Keep your hate and political views to yourself.
    I thought politics and religion were off limits
    on TTR anyway.
    Where's the mods at.

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  4. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    you probably have more work because with the shape of the roads theres a greater need for auto parts, suspension, shocks etc lol but dont worry trump is gonna fix the infastructure and create more jobs, and when he creates more jobs then people will have more money to buy stuff, stuff that goes on more trucks that tear up more roads, but dont worry the infastructure will get fixed, more workers fixing the roads means they will have more money to buy more stuff that goes on trucks that tear up more roads....wait a min im not making any sense lol

5. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i believe there is a section for religion and politics, imagine what a hoot that is

Western flyer Thanks this.
  6. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Got my civic duty done and rolled back out. Load was ready on Sat so I also got to squeeze in a reset as well. Likely going to be traveling the goat roads through NW Nevada and southern Oregon tomorrow instead of rolling across US 20.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I'm glad you found the time to vote. Everybody should

28 and majestyk Thank this.
  8. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Had my first ever blowout of a steer tire in a semi today. Luckily I have had experience with that in a personal vehicle a couple of times in the past so I handled it fairly easily. The blast properly scared the folks in the car next to me ####less though.

Attended the drivers meeting today, same spill different year. No pay raise despite the president lauding a great year for the company and saying they were constantly looking at other companies to evaluate when to raise pay. I questioned him after the meeting about why not be in front of the other companies and let them follow us to which I got no adequate response. I am sure none of the upper echelon salaried employees have seen an 18% decrease in their wages this year as I have with a banner year in conjunction with the orange embecile's tax cut for companies and the super wealthy. I like working here for the most part but don't blow smoke up my ### with a banner year talk when none of the working masses are seeing any of the additional revenue end up in their pockets. I would basically have to work the whole year without a day of home time to make what I made in 2017 with 9 weeks off at my current pace. That ain't progress, just more of the rich getting richer and the masses taking it up the pooper.

28 Thanks this.
  9. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    I hear what you're saying but in my 4 years this month we have gotten 3 raises 48 cpm to 54 cpm. That's not bad.

Also rumor from a pretty reliable source is poly is ordering 100 new trucks with another 100 coming after. I don't know about the 2nd 100 as they said that about the peterbilts and that got cancelled but it's nice to see them finally getting some new equipment. Supposedly new internationals with Cummins engines. Automatics, not drag axle like the Pete.
    That's probably where the raise went lol.

10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Be thankful, we got the best otr job
    in the country.
    That's why you keep coming back.
    They pay us top dollar and they leave
    us alone.
    That's all that matters to me anymore.

Stop listening to the political talk shows.
    You'll be a whole lot happier.
    I don't watch any news channel, all I do is
    Get angry and depressed,so why bother.

All we can do is get every penny while
    we can.
    They could dump the private fleet anytime
    they want no matter what they say.

28 Thanks this.
  11. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    Bingo !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.