My Prime Adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Seebs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. CadetTrucker

CadetTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Atchison, KS
    Sounds like you're having no real problems... great :)

Hang in there :)

(Got my permit today... yay!)

CT in KS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Yup, nothing I can't handle. Had a mix up with the docs office but that should be straightened out by tomorrow.

Congrats on your permit, I passed general and combination first try, but didn't get air breaks till my third. :biggrin_25510:

Last thing to mention, even if you don't smoke. Hang outside with the smokers, you can get a lot of information and meet a lot of people (fellow students, current drivers and so on). I met one guy I chatted nearly 45 minutes with who helped me decide on trying for flatbed.

4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Congratulations on all the good thingI agree hanging out is a good thing. Especially over at the millennium building. The other drivers are really helpful. They don't treat you like a second rate person cause your a student. They offer advice from their experiences. I'll be in Springfield again the 29th through the 31st.

5. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Thanks Seebs, will do. I should be there by 1pm Monday if everything goes as plan so I will check with you once I get settled; if you are still there. Would like to meet you but know you are anxious to get on to the next stage. Good luck with everything and see you next week (maybe)...

6. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Oh yeah Seebs, I almost forgot. I took my CDL permit test today. I passed air brakes and combination but screwed up on general knowledge. There was some kid taking his driver's exam in the same computer lab and he was talking and laughing with someone and kept distracting me. I missed it by one question! I have to go back tomorrow and take that part again and I should pass with no problem. I am definitely taking your advice on making sure I have that permit when I get there.

7. booman

booman Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    winona ms
    I attend prime on the 19 I already have my permit just wonder if any one could tell me wat to expect

8. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Well my medical finally cleared outside my sleep test.

Doctors messed things up, they thought the header at the bottom of my doctors note was part of my diagnosis so it kind of was a pain to get through that whole fiasco.

Got my sleep study scheduled for Monday night, so I'll be around for some of the people coming up next week. Just hit me a pm or something or you might see me around.

Now I get to play the waiting game. Just going to relax till the sleep study is over, hopefully get some time on the pad (would love to get pretrip out of the way) and then go out with my unknown instructor.

Expect to sign a bunch of ####, get naked for a doctor, pee in a cup, wait in lines, and listen to long presentations. Thats the nutshell of the first week.

CadetTrucker Thanks this.
  9. 212Degrees

212Degrees Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Dubach, Louisiana
    Hey Seebs. I've been reading your posts. Thanks man for all the good info. I start orientation on the 26th and can hardly wait. I feel like all my bases are covered. I haven't lied about anything, am physically fit, no criminal history, have a clean driving record, never done drugs & not a dumb #####.

Other than the above mentioned, are there any other reasons are given an invitation to kick rocks?

10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You'll note that the above list contains a lot of items that many folks would consider "Bravo Sierra." Keep that in mind...

Good so far...

Remember the "Bravo Sierra" above? Well guess what truck driving in the so-called "real world" involves? Putting up with buckets full of "Bravo Sierra" on a daily basis. If you blow up at the stuff served-up at orientation, you probably will end up "kicking rocks." That and being consistently late for things during orientation. Drinking. Fighting. Etc...

11. 212Degrees

212Degrees Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Dubach, Louisiana
    Thanks IP. Great advice. Fortunately, my former career was in mental and geriatric health, which comes with 55 gallon drums of "Brave Sierra". I guess the question is, can I deal with it from those who don't have a clinical diagnosis. I feel confident I will survive, after all, not much can surpass the "crazy" of the mentally ill.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.