My Prime Adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Seebs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    ha. very true. doesn't take long to learn that the trucking buisness is full of a lot of 'bravo sierra'.

As IP said. Really the only things to worry about are how you act while at orientation/psd training.

As I said before, the whole process is one big interview.

If you act like an idiot, are constantly late, drink, hit on the female workers, and so on. You will be sent home fast as hell.

Theirs a lot of parts that are fun and you smile and laugh, but consider that everyday you go to class, you are at work. Act as you would at work and you'll be fine.

212Degrees and CadetTrucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 212Degrees

212Degrees Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Dubach, Louisiana
    Got it. I can handle that easily. I wish you well on your sleep study. Things are rarely as bad as we imagine they will be.

4. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Appreciate it.

Good luck with your adventure yourself, I have been very happy with my experience with Prime so far and I'm sure you will be too.

5. 212Degrees

Jul 14, 2011
    Dubach, Louisiana
    I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks man.

6. booman

booman Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    winona ms
    thanks seebs mayb ill c u around when I make it there

7. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    On a positive note about my sleep test and the possibility of a machine, turns out my health insurance will cover the whole cost. So i'm excited about that, no money loss for me.

Finally Obama did something good as I wouldn't have health insurance if it wasn't for his plan.

Darius11 Thanks this.
  8. booman

booman Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    winona ms
    n to say ppl are against da health plan

9. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    haha ya. told a few people that today and they were pretty surprised.

lately just been sitting around, theirs a raccoon on top of my ceiling, so get to listen to him scurry around on occasion, waiting for him to drop on me while i'm sleeping.

my roommate left today, so might end up with a new one tomorrow. but nice to have the place to myself for a bit.

they told us 85 PSD students are coming in next week. have fun with those lines guys. :biggrin_2559: My advice to any of those guys, find yourself an instructor before the end of the week. That way you don't sit around an extra week waiting for someone.

10. 212Degrees

Jul 14, 2011
    Dubach, Louisiana
    Thanks for the advice about finding an instructor early. I am confirmed to start orientation on the 26th. I'll be sure to find one early.

In your opinion, did you find that most of the potential instructors genuinely wanted to instruct or did it seem that they were looking for the extra cash?

11. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    The ones I've met seemed like they really wanted to teach. Plus keep in mind, they get a nice bonus if you pass your cdl. So they want you to pass so they'll do what the can to make sure of it.

I talked to one today for a while and he told me he ran the hell out of his student, his student got his 100 hours in a week and a half. Just wanted him to be the best he could be.

I personally haven't got an instructor yet as I got to do my sleep test first. And they won't let me out on the pad till after I do it, which kind of annoys me, as all I do is sit around waiting. :biggrin_2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.