My Prime Adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Seebs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Wind isnt anything to play with. A lot of drivers have gotten hurt/killed due to wind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Its weird how heavy trucks are and they still are able to be flipped by wind. Maybe its due to the high center of gravity.

4. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Also due to the huge target they present. Especially a box. Even with my skateboard I get moved around.

5. Mudrunner

Mudrunner Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Dimas, CA
    If the wind blows your skate board around and it's icy are you ice skating?:biggrin_2559::biggrin_255::biggrin_25526:

6. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Yes. It's a new sport. Should be in the Olympics soon lol

7. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    In springmo finally.

8. lucky87

lucky87 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2011
    norcross ga
    Thx for making my decision easy brother

9. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Well. Things have a way of coming to an end. As of the 23rd, I officially quit Prime and returned home to Ohio.

A lot of things came into this decision for me. But the main thing was money. After a few months otr solo, I averaged $334 a paycheck, with barely breaking 1000 miles/week.In a nut shell, I am a very cautious driver and refused to run in situations where I did not feel comfortable. With this, I had to be repowered on a few occasions which upset my FM. He in turn decided to basically drown me out of the company.

I will say, the right FM can make or break you.

Add this with how uncomfortable I felt in bad weather situations and my strong dislike for the lightweight truck, I decided this is the best situation for me as of now.

I will continue to post on here when I can and still have no problems answering questions. I'm not sure where the future is for me right now, I got a lot of soul searching to do and things to figure out. You guys have all been great and I'm very glad to made the friends I did.

Stay safe everyone.

10. McBjork

McBjork Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Kent, CT

I'm so sorry to hear that it did not work out for you. I wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do in the future.

11. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    sorry to hear about what has happend. did you contact stan about what your fm was doing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.