My Prime Adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Seebs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You inspect everything before signing the lease, and all write-ups are corrected before you go on the road. There is a 60-day bumper-to-bumper warranty provided by Prime - and whatever is left on the drive train warranty. After that its on you. There is an advance ballance provided on your tire escrow based on existing tread-wear at signing to protect you from having to buy new tires immediately as well. The above is based on my lease - there was a new lease contract starting this year going forward that I haven't read yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carolinadrifter

carolinadrifter Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2011
    thanks for the reply, talked to tammy in recruiting, but rather get it from someone who has done it happy holidays drive safe

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Hey everyone, hope everyone had a good holiday and new years. Hopefully making some money out there.Just wanted to give a quick update on my own situation.

I got a spotter job today at a big logistics firm in Groveport Ohio. So I'll now be on the other side of the fence as a yard dog. :biggrin_2559:

I'm actually pretty excited about it though. As they originally required 2 years experience to drive for them, but as I did great on there backing tests and wooed them with my references. They brought me on board. So I'm excited cause it's 40 hours guaranteed a week, 5 days of 8 hour shifts and I'll be making more then I made at Prime. They're going to contract me to a nearby warehouse to spot, so I'll be sure to let you guys know where in case Prime delivers there.

Stay safe guys. I still smile every time I pass a Prime truck.

MikeyB. and McBjork Thank this.
  5. McBjork

McBjork Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Kent, CT
    Glad to hear things are working out for you. good luck

6. jccwall

jccwall Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    tulsa / stillwater, okla
    good deal, at least staying behind the BIG wheel.

7. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Good to hear that you are still among the employed in America. Good luck to ya kid.
    Keep us posted.

8. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    good luck bro. keep us posted

9. TooGroovy

TooGroovy Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    Just wondering Seebs, do you feel that you might have felt different about driving in the winter if you had driven your truck a few months before winter hit. I read this thread and it SEEMED like you hit the nasty right after you got to go solo.

10. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN
    Winter hasn't even started yet this year. Up until a few days ago the entire country was nearly snow free, save the higher elevations. Even the mountains have seen light snow as the companies running the ski resorts will tell you. I doubt it was the weather that chased Seebs from OTR.

11. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    He was having far more difficulty with wind, than snow. I spoke to him many times during many of those times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.