My Prime Adventure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Seebs, Jul 12, 2011.

1. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Really?

I think I can dig up half a dozen things here on TTR that were his problem.

I only wish all the people that PM'd me with their observations would state so publicly.

silenteagle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. emton

emton Medium Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Hobart, IN

Hey! PM stands for "PRIVATE Message."

Oops, I outed myself.:biggrin_25525:

No secret, really. It was pretty obvious, from reading Seebs' posts, he wasn't going to drive very long for Prime. I believe he quit within two weeks of me messaging U2 with that observation.

silenteagle and U2Exit Thank this.
  4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    There is a huge difference between being overly cautious to the point of being an ineffectual driver, and a safe driver. The point is to get freight delivered and generate enough profit to pay for the operation. Now I'm not dissing Seebs or making a judgement on his driving ability, but even when I was a B-seat trainee, I was making more money than that. 1000 miles per week with the description of what Seebs was doing doesn't describe the kind of driver Prime is looking for. I think its best for all concerned that Seebs left the company - and he may have found his nitch.

Good luck Seebs! Maybe we'll be seeing you around Groveport.

silenteagle and U2Exit Thank this.
  5. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    T
    Pretty much nail on the head.

To be honest. The job terrified me. I was nervous I'd kill myself or someone else. I did love parts of it. But mother nature and idiot four wheelers ruined it for me. In turn I became overly cautious.

My fm knew this and basically starved me to get me to quit. And I have yet to regret my experience at prime or regret leaving them.

But I'm much happier now. All I got to worry about is dodging england drivers who can't back. :biggrin_2559:

McBjork Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Well, that gives me a bit more information to work with. I've followed U2 and IP's experiences with Prime also, so I was surprised when I read about Seebs' departure and wanted to know if it was a problem within the company that prompted it. By Seebs' own account as posted above, it seems that OTR in general didn't fit his career goals. Thanks for the clarification.

U2 and IP, please understand that I was NOT trying to bash Prime as a few of those who frequent the Prime forum seem to be fond of doing. While I do have my own (IMO some questionably reasonable) hoops to jump through with Prime's recruiter, those are mine to work through and not for others to be concerned with.

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

We all have to find the dock we're comfortable backing into. I wish you well, Seebs.

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    No big thing... unless its you that is getting hammered by OTR! To tell you the truth, I was scared sh&^less the first week or two I was in TNT. That was '07 when there was a lot more truck traffic, everyone was doing warp 9, and hammerlane cowboys were riding everyone's #####. Some folks get over it, some don't.

9. Seebs

Seebs Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Will say one thing though. Prime does not seem in a hurry to get their money back. I have yet to receive any bill from them regarding paying back training.

Left the guy i was supposed to contact three voicemails and an email. Never heard back.

Wondering if anyone heard about how long they usually take to contact you. As I know they legally can't do anything till they send a paper bill.

10. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Hi, I read all 77 pages of this thread, and it gave me A LOT of insight on prime. I have been in contact with a recruiter and am waiting for everything to come back so I can get going to class. One thing I was wondering. Did the wind become a problem because you were driving a lightweight. Or with any truck. How do you get over the wind. Is it just a matter of taking it slow? or is there any special techiques?

11. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Driving up I44 east and I69N yesterday with a 73k truck/tractor and was getting buffetted around. It is the emty or light trailer that causes theproblem, not the lightweight truck.

da1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.