My Sammons experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by WMGUY, Apr 13, 2012.

1. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    you would need to call Gina or Stacey in the office and they will help get your questions answered, it all comes down insurance and what they want. sorry i wasn't more help

cowboy tmc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA

from what i understand the that area can be hard to get out of, but should be able to get in their quit well. check out the load boards and see what is going on in your area since we are a self dispatch system and you can get loads from just about any where, their is credit requirments but have only came across one broker that wasn't set up with us and it only took about an hour to get him cleared and to get the load..

4. mrktwiz

mrktwiz Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Ben Lomond, CA
    I've been two years with Schneider and drove a reefer before that? Do they take on anyone w/o "any" flatbed experience? I really want to get into driving a skateboard but don thave enough money yet for a decent truck of my own. I've been following your thread for a while and this is the ONLY lease program that actually makes sense so far?

Thanks again John

5. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Hi John. Have to have one year open deck for insurance reasons

6. Allan M

Allan M Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    It sounds like you're having to find a lot of freight on your own from outside brokers.
    What percentage of your freight is coming from Sammons own agents?

7. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Im at 50/50

I look at it as a benefit so i can run where i want to and stay busy. I dont like sitting waiting on that golden load i like to stay busy and sit at home

8. mrktwiz

Dec 2, 2010
    Ben Lomond, CA
    Thank's NW (Sigh) back to driving a pumpkin...I cannot seem to find anyone who will hire/train a good 2 year driver (all with one company) that lives in California and wants to drive a flatbed??? I've called 4 this morning so far...but I'm not going to give up..I might just have to go 1) buy a tractor 2) buy stepdeck and get my own authority and teach myself...I've done it before in other careers!

Love this thread keep it up!

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Call up Watkins Shepard who is right down the street from Sammons! They'll train you for flatbed with just a couple day course if things are still the same around there and keep you busy. If you get tired of working there after a year, Sammons is just a mile down the road ;)

Shardrk and NWMAXI Thank this.
  10. mrktwiz

Dec 2, 2010
    Ben Lomond, CA

Thank you Backissore...I will call them :yes2557:

11. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Also try systems if watkins doesnt workout

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.