My Sammons experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by WMGUY, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I think that's decent $$$$. A bit better than I'm doing pulling a curtain. I think your #'s are real & I think you're gonna make it. Truck on!

NWMAXI and Shardrk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

are you gonna go back to Chicoda?

4. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

Are you going back to Chicoda?

5. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    I'm seeing that the longer loads generally over 1000 miles the rates seem really low, maybe that is the norm as before this i was looking at all short runs..

i got home saturday morning and have been looking for loads out of seattle and one came up, an OS load going to the bay area so i was able to push out delivery of my current load so i don't have to sit over their for a day,

Here is my load out of Richie Bro's from Wyoming

Attached Files:

hup and HwyPrsnr Thank this.
  6. GOSTRIDER13

GOSTRIDER13 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2012
    City with no pity
    Real Nice Truck....Sweet as a matter of fact...

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  7. DesertNavigator

DesertNavigator Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Thank you for your posts. I really enjoy following your experiences.

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  8. dhout

dhout Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Everywhere but Coumbus, OH
    Look at their load board verse the loads the post on their website. You will see they are the same loads. The only difference is you can see the low rate.
    When you pay off the truck, (If you pay off the truck), You can then see the rest of the loads that everyone can see. Depending on your class you can take some of the higher paying loads. Another dvr I met there was getting between 2-2.5 a mi. After awhile he got tired of don, he gets to you when hes ready.

He had money stashed away and decided to give them a check for half of what was left owed on his truck. After that he started getting 4-5 a mi loads within that same week.

9. Jakebrake111780

Jakebrake111780 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Thank you for your posts on sammons, if i had the 1 year experience i would hop onto there l/o program. But as it is Ive been driving tuck for 2 years with a perfect record. In that short time period Ive tried pulling refer, van, and tanker and tank dbl s. The division Ive been trying to get into is Flat bed i love the challenge of tie down , tarping. Id like be more active than just driving the truck. When i first got my license i wanted to get into the flat bed division but Prime had no trainers , i would of had too sit for 2 weeks. i couldn't wait though, my kids had too eat. I am certified for heavy equipment tie-down and transport from the school i originally went too to get my license. Can you recommend any good reputable company's that will hire you out of California and train you right for tarping and as I'm sure that commonsense and securment are of the utmost importance? I am a quick learner and love too work and love too drive our American highway even more? I am willing to from the pacific to the Atlantic or Texas to Canada? Thank you for your posts

10. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    Systems or maverick and maybe TMC

11. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    sorry i havn't posted in awhile

That OS load fell apart, i did get a TONU for it atleast i think i did havn't seen it yet, either way i grabbed a load to albuquerque, over the weekend, then say there for almost 2 days, and got a load of sheetrock to el paso, more of an overnight JIT load, delivered that sat for another day'n'half and got a load of ATV's up to omaha, i had to run that load hard, but if i didn't it would have caused another day sitting due to the last stop being closed on monday's so i delivered it saturday morning then checked into a motel for the weekend.

Well Monday and the last week of the month brought some hope to end the month well, i grabbed a 2 pickup load headed for the bay area, paid well, had a load booked that fell apart, but was able to find a conex container up to Auburn, was told it was an empty HC container and ended up being an empty 20' cool with me still paid full truck rate, was going to bounce home from their and got a call from Melissa out of the davenport office, she had some legal tractors that was heading my way that i could deliver on monday so i grabbed those and went home for the weekend.

Delivered the tractors on monday and went to grab a load of pipe out of umatilla, was going to poplar MT, but something happend at the plant so a load went to riverton WY, i was thinking no big deal, hauled out of their alot, well now they want to put 11 more pieces on the truck i spent an hour arguing with them about over height and finally said cut the load or take it all off, that seemed to solve the problem, anyways ran that load and delivered on wensday morning, and found a load out of blackfoot id up to ellensburg delivered that this morning, and bounced to spokane, to put the truck in the shop as well as the trailer, hopefully they will have it ready monday and i can find something long and far, im hoping running some longer runs will increase the revenue some

Attached Files:

Shardrk and hup Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.