My Schneider Adventure

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by T_TRUCKER., May 15, 2015.

1. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Its been awhile, shoot actually it feels like its been awhile, but only about 2 months since i started with SNI on the choice program. Im making this thread as a tool to maybe help any drivers thinking about SNI on the choice program, i have not driven company so my only experience is on choice, and im still learning every day but im having a blast along the way, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I won't bore anyone with my reasons for coming here, they are actually pretty simple and it can be summed up in one word=FREEDOM.

I will always be honest and straight forward with my experiences, i had a thread documenting my last company (UZ trans) and since I've been on the choice board i have never been happier with driving, I've been making the best money I've ever made, and a big one, im home pretty much every weekend, or every other, its all my choice and I couldn't be happier. I'll be on this thread documenting my experience in good times and bad and everything in between! Also if anyone has questions feel free!

Landog, TST65, Lesson Learned and 9 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    glad to hear you're happy.. that's what it's all about.

T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Have you taken advantage of that drop lot in Knoxville?

T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  5. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Not really, unless its to go "pick up an empty" but there are never any there! I live 5 min away from watt road, so i park at the flying J or petro when i go home. I never have any problems finding loads coming out of knoxville. Always a nice selection of loads going pretty much everywhere

6. steve9501

steve9501 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Kingston, Tn
    How long you been parking at Watt Rd? I am about to go with Maverick and will need a place to park my truck. Does the Flying Hook give you any issues parking there? What is this "choice board"? I just about went to Schnieder before I settled with Mav. If it don't work out with them then Schnieder said I have a slot with them.

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR

there you go

dannymiracle, 63mph, zaroba and 2 others Thank this.
  8. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I've stayed at both flying J and petro and never once had a problem, i only stay about 2 days though usually over the weekend so no worrys. How much driving exp do you have?

9. steve9501

steve9501 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    Kingston, Tn
    2 yrs but wanting to get into flatbed thats why I am going with Maverick. thanks for the info have you ever parked at the loves off of exit 360? thats closer to my house I live in Kingston

10. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Nope i have not, you will be fine though im sure, most truck stops dont allow dropping a trailer, but i doubt that you'll have any problems parking it at any truck stop.

steve9501 Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    My advice when parking at truckstop when going home...pull the curtains so that people think that there's someone in the truck.

merlinn, TST65, TDFair and 8 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.