My Swift Experience

Discussion in 'Swift' started by The Challenger, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

The owner of this forum has instructed me to tell you Nana to leave.

Get out of here! :biggrin_25510: But leave the pie! :mrgreen:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

Yeah you WISH.

By the way, I'm in WA state. I have the day off. I may just hunt you down like and make you cry like a lil' girl. muwahahahahahahaha (that's an evil laugh in case you didn't know)

Injun and American-Trucker Thank this.
  4. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    KH sorry to hear about your misadventure--I have missed a lot it seems by not coming on too much. You really was an optimistic about this journey. I wish you all the luck and keep your head up. I am sure you will find what works best for you. My thoughts are with you. I am truly sorry it didn't work out for you. Keep the faith!

5. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Problem is everybody coddled you for so long because they were afraid of hurting your feelings. Nobody had the balls to tell you the truth. Based on things that came out of your own mouth on a phone conversation, between you and 2 other members on this forum, you shouldn't ever be behind the wheel of a truck again. Truth hurts sometimes but you'll get over it.

REDD and lil may Thank this.
  6. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    I told him the same thing on the phone. The things that he has told me I wouldn't let him behind the wheel. It isan 80,000 lbs bomb and no way should he be responsible for it. he needs help

7. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Well, if you want to hunt me down you are on the wrong end of the country. I live in Tennessee.

Just bring pie, And the pole dancer!

Where's my hate mail? I can't believe people would think I was serious.

8. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    What? I thought you were in WA. Well that blows that.

I guess I'll just have to pick on Grandad as usual.

You weren't serious? Oh. I can stop crying now.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    KH...I have been reluctant to post much on this thread besides wishing you well on your attempts to pass skills and such in the academy. My reluctance stems from the fact that I have a brother who is autistic. I truly wanted you to do well at Millington, it would have given such hope to others. I knew in my heart that you would have many hurdles to overcome, and frankly I doubted that you would considering the situation you described before the events that led to your leaving. I'm sorry it ended the way it did.

You apparently have a much higher level of fuctionality than my brother does. We wouldn't dream of letting him behind the wheel of any motor vehicle let alone a big rig. I let him steer my ski boat once, he was thrilled, we were terrified. He was all over the place, couldn't steer a straight line to save his life. But you not only drive, you HAVE a CDL. What an accomplishment that is!

You have been told by many here that the stress of driving can bring on various emotions. It is how we deal with that stress and how we control our emotions while behind the wheel of ANY vehicle that has much to do with determining how well we operate or vehicle.

I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know. I'm just saying that I do have a certain amount of understanding of what you are going through. Hunter, you are a smart guy, I know you will figure this all out. But please, take your time. Don't just jump headlong into getting a job driving just to say I told you so, I knew I could do it. There is so much more at stake than just your vanity.

Good luck.

10. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick

Even I got the joke. But, if it'll make you feel better:

RUG_TRUCKER!!! That was AWFUL what you said to Ms. Nana! Apologize now or GET LOST!!!
    :biggrin_25516::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510:

:biggrin_25522:

lil may Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Inkeeper,

I appreciate the kind words. Getting my CDL was more than an accomplishment. It has opened doors for me left and right. I can certainly understand you being scared of letting your brother driving a ski boat (even I dislike them for personal reasons). I have driven boats that cost well over a million dollars (Sea Ray 46 Sundancer, Bertram 46 Sportfisherman) and have been doing it since age five. My dads most recent one was a 35ft Regal 3555 sport cruiser and I drove it regularly.

I thank Nana for her recent kind words.

Right now, I am going to lie low in this section for my own personal reasons. Lil may can think what she wants about me driving. Swift Millington taught me that I can teach myself and others how to do things. I did what RM instructors said and that was not to rush and get in her in the hole. Many students dropped their jaw when they saw me do a 45' and a offset without pulling up. I thank Injun, and another member for keeping tabs on me. Dinner will be on me when I meet you guys.

KH

inkeper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.