My Tandem experience thus far...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Woodstock, Mar 12, 2007.

1. CBTrucker

CBTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    dayton,ohio
    Well I thought I would ask again. Tandem is first on my husband list but some of these post are a year old or so and was wanting an update please. Hubby should be finished with school by the end of this month.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captredbeard

Captredbeard Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Guyton,Ga
    how much exp. does Tandem require for drivers. Thanks for info

4. vision124

vision124 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Galion Ohio
    Dose Tandem hire felons???

5. trucker3573

trucker3573 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2009
    dont really know much about them, but i talked to a driver that had just started with them a couple months ago and he said he was working for .34cpm. Cant imagine hauling flatbed freight for .34cpm....seemed ridicuulously low pay.....just my opinion.

6. JunkHauler

JunkHauler Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hamersville, OH
    When I spoke with Rick from there he said that you must have a year exp w/ at least 6 mo. being flatbed exp.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. Deeday1212

Deeday1212 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2010
    GEORGIA
    Hey, I'm trying to get on with tandem but the guy in savannah, ga the recruiter seems to kind of take a long time to get your paper work done. Has anybody gone thru this with them before. Its been like 3 wks now an i still haven't got a straight answer from him. But when i talk to the guy he tells me everything is good and he is waiting on the people up in michigan city to finish the paper work. Like i said before this now going on the 3rd week now. Plz let me know if anybody has gone thru this with them before.THANKS:biggrin_25523:

8. Captredbeard

Captredbeard Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Guyton,Ga
    same thing happened to me with a company in Tenn. So I called and talk to another recruiter. This guy is given you the run around, it might be best to call headquaters and find out for yourself, explain to them whats going on. It does not take long to hire someone unless they are not hiring, or it could be where you live they may not have the freight to get you home, so the recruiter might be putn you off, hope if someone get the boot he can get you in. I live in Guyton so it has happen to me also been let go because of not able to get me home because of lack of freight in this area.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I had no problem. I faxed them my paperwork like they said. Just a couple days later they called and wanted to know when I wanted to come in.

10. Jim pulliam

Jim pulliam Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Decatur, Ga
    I,m a new driver. Started with TMC and couldnt get a paycheck over $700. Some alot lower. Tandem Picked me up and put me in the money right away. The trucks are ok. No major complaints. (no power) Hell TMC has great trucks but I couldnt make any money. Tandems trucks are ok and I am making alot more money. You do the math. I reccomend Tandem highly. JP

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.