My TCD experience with Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by storm2004, Jun 10, 2013.

1. storm2004

storm2004 Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    Southwest Ohio
    I got to Palmer Candies in Sioux City, IA an hour early, but they all went to lunch so had to wait until they got back. Got unloaded and my next work assignment was for a double pickup and double delivery. Pickup at Tyson in Storm Lake, IA on 9/23 at 1400 to 1700 and I got there about 1500. Sat for 20 hours while they got my trailer loaded. Then off to Perry, IA to another Tyson place to get the rest of my load and I sat there for 6 hours. Now I'm late to both delivery places which are in Wisconsin. First delivery was at Cher Makes Sausage in Manitowoc, WI and I ran out of time there so had to park and get a break. Next delivery was at El Ray Mexican Prod in Milwaukee WI. My next work assignment was back to Andes Candies in Delava WI 9/26 at 1100 to Tootsie Roll in Covington TN at 9/27 at 1300. Got that done just fine and from Tootsie Roll in Covington headed to McLane in Temple TX for a delivery at 9/29 at 5am. Now I'm sitting at a truck stop in Robinson TX waiting for my next work assignment.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Attention all TCD drivers:

At Americold in Indianapolis, 42,000 lbs on the bills equals 47,000 lbs on the trailer and many lost hours for them to fix it AFTER driving through rush hour traffic across the city to weigh it and then driving all the way back.

That is all.

4. Ronin_on_MT

Ronin_on_MT Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Porkopolis
    Sorry about your luck.

5. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
  6. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Eh, it happens. What really pissed me off was what happened when I got back to the shipper.

The manager there had the balls to argue with me about making the truck legal. He said that I "wasn't THAT overweight." I went toe to toe with him too, and I told him that I wasn't moving from that parking lot until the truck was legal, and if I had to start shoving pallets out of the truck myself into the parking lot, then I was perfectly happy to do so.

He finally backed off and agreed to fix it. But, of course, they took 4.5 hours to offload two pallets, so there went any chance of delivering on time. But I got the last word in when I made the guy in the office write on the bills when I arrived and when I left, and he initialed it.

I wasn't taking the fall for this one being late :)

jxu417 and JimTheHut Thank this.
  7. storm2004

May 1, 2013
    Southwest Ohio
    Got my next work assignment about 10am Monday Morning. I pickup at Tyson in Broken Bow, OK and delivery to Tyson in Berryville, AR. I already got that one done and I'm now on my next work assignment and I'm sitting in a dock getting loaded at Zero Mountain Cold Storage in Johnson AR and deliver to Interstate Cold Storage in Fort Wayne IN, it's a turkey run.

8. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    That might have been you I passed on US-71 BR...I waved at a TCD just north of where you picked up. Would have been about 14:30 local....where is Johnson?

9. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Sounds like you guys are having all sorts of fun!

storm2004 Thanks this.
  10. storm2004

May 1, 2013
    Southwest Ohio
    Wasn't me I wasn't up in that area until about 1700 or thereabouts. There was another Maverick that picked up before me there that would fit the time you saw them. Johnson is in the Fayetteville area.

Evil_E Thanks this.
  11. storm2004

May 1, 2013
    Southwest Ohio

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.