My time at Averitt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Scole1987, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    Figured I'd give an account on my experience at Averitt. Orientation was good. My first day was a bust. Driver told me to meet him in 30 mins and I waited 2 hours at terminal then left back home. Next day got picked up and went to pick up my truck but it had no keys. Had to chase a mechanic down for a set. Had some good loads and a few crappy ones so far but all in all it's been pretty decent. I've averaged about 1200 a week and I've been with them for 2 months. Fast forward now and I've been here about 2 months. This weeks been good so far. Will update weekly.

Rollr4872, Vic Firth and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    This week has been good so far. Gotta go to New Jersey. I've never been so I'm a little nervous.

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  4. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    This week has been a really good week. Running my butt off. Bouncing back and forth between Al Ga and SC. Saw the worst wreck on 85. Little sprinter van slammed into the back of a semi doing 65 when the driver tried to pull back on the highway from the shoulder. Also pretty sure I saw my first lot lizard. Good week all in all.

Lonesome and Vic Firth Thank this.
  5. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    AH...so you are completely new/fresh meat! haha Good luck. You'll learn, if they keep you at 1200 miles a week, in 7 months you need to seek something else! From seeing your in Asheboro, NC you must work the Greensboro/Colfax terminal off of Market St. Don't work for Averitt, never wanted to, but have heard mixed reviews from there...both from drivers and dock workers. Again, good luck.

6. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    I know they're a mega but they've been good to me so far. I've not gotten 1200 miles yet. They have kept me at well over 2000. It is my first regional job and we had a rough start but I'm pleased with how things have been so far. I know Chinatown can send me some good places if this one falls through lol

7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    since you ARE new,,,,you said you averaged about 1200 a week! I'm guessing miles, since all newbies will NEVER gross that much at a low payscale! When I started and was making 33/34 cpm I would GROSS around 600-700 a week.

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    in second sight....you haven't cleared up anything about how much experience you have driving or anything. This post is pretty quick and doesn't have alot of backgroud to it.

9. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    I had 6 months driving a day cab for a local environmental company. I got tired of being a driver and a field tech. It was a really tough job that was taking a toll on me. I decided to try the regional when I saw Averitts and. They pay me .46 per mile. I drove a mix of van, tanker, and some flatbed for the environmental. They did a lot of illegal stuff. My seat in one of the trucks was a piece of plywood. So I decided to move on and here I am today. Basking in this glorious life style.

SOAthor and Just passing by Thank this.
  10. roundplanet

roundplanet Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    You go man, save your money and enjoy the ride.

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    WOW! That's nuts(plywood for a seat). Like I said, I've heard mixed reviews on them from 2 sides(driver and dock). I've never wanted to go there.....so...again...good luck! I hope it stays this way for you.

Scole1987 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.