My time at Averitt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Scole1987, Jun 14, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    huh? 14 an hour after 2 hours? So....if you put it correctly, if you are somewhere for 3 hours you only ended up making $4.25 an hour....that's right under HALF of minimum wage, hourly. This is another reason why I don't miss being in general freight. The good thing is, it sounds like breakdown pay is a little bit better than some companies. The one I was with was a straight $96 a day....$8 an hour for 12 hours. Then $12 an hour after 2 hours at customers. They 'say' they raised their pay, and talked with a few drivers......I was 43cpm when I left and now top pay is 47 cpm.....oh big raise. haha Hope things get better for you!

jon69 and Trucking in Tennessee Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    Yeah that's correct you lose 2 hours. They did do a raise in pay for the new guys but idk about the guys that been here for a few years. Talked to one guy that had been here 6 years and was making the same pay as me. I think they need to look at that part of the pay. I shouldn't make the same as a guy that's been here 6 years.

4. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    so...can you just stay at ANY terminal you want, then? Are they all 48 states? Just curious, as I don't see too many OTR Averitt guys in truck stops taking their 10.

5. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    You can take it at any terminal you want. They dont like you staying at truck stops so they tell you to try and make it to a terminal. They only have them in the southeast. They dont run all 48. We dont have many if any actual OTR guys except the OTL group. We are pretty much all regional.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    Sounds like Epes Transport!!!!

7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    you mean Penske now! Yeah they 'care' so much for their drivers they don't pay them.....but anyone in the brick building is irrespalceable! Isn't ALL 'general freight' that way? Seems to be so.

ship71021 Thanks this.
  8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I know about the 'regional' thing. That seems to be the 'trend' for the past so many years now. Funny, I don't recall seeing too many Averitt guys up in the NE(mainly NYC/Boston area) when I use to go there a bunch. I have seen you guys around in PA....but don't see too many in truckstops.....interesting.I know they do have an 'LTL' side, and know where a few of your terminals are,just didn't know.

9. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    I Agree!!! Sad but so true!!!

yankatank Thanks this.
  10. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    another reason why I don't miss General Freight and all the BS that goes with it! And some people wanted to 'retire' with companies like that....that was the last thing on my mind EVER! haha

ship71021 Thanks this.
  11. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    Did wanna post an update. I decided to leave Averitt and take a local trucking job. This week is my last week with them and I gotta say I have nothing bad to say about Averitt. The pay was great. The miles were great and my fleet manager was awesome. I would go back to them in a heartbeat and would recommend them to anyone that asks. Great company.

VIDEODROME, Lonesome and yankatank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.