My time at Averitt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Scole1987, Jun 14, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    OTR DEF is not for everyone. You were a 'local guy' starting out....what feels 'right' for you is what is best for you! Good luck in your new future.

Scole1987 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    I actually liked it. It was like a whole new world for me. Made me feel more focused I guess you could say. The fiancee just wanted me home more. So the boss wins this round.

yankatank and Nukem Thank this.
  4. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    haha....I believe Averitt you are home weekly. But, like I said to each their own. I enjoy being out for 2 weeks, used to be home every week...lately, I've been getting home every few days and still make more than what I make at general freight.....but wife is happy, since I'm rolling in the money and getting things taken care of for her and kids. Plus, we are almost debt free after 10 long hard years of that crap!

5. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    What do you haul? Congrats on being debt free! I've been debt free for about 2 years and it really feels good. I do think being out for a couple weeks at a time is better but she would kill me. I can only imagine the money I could make running and not having to come home on the weekends.

yankatank Thanks this.
  6. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    tanker is what I pull. Money is def better than any kind of dry box. Aother reason why I'm staying out longer than what I used to(IF I can..lately I've been getting home for a quick restart) is I'm actually seeing alot more of the country rather than just the East Coast. Been to CA a few times. Usually if I go across country I'm out for around 2 to 2 and a half weeks. It's really hard, the first time you go across country. BUT, after that 'first time' it's great. Trying to go to the Northwest. However, this has been a really weird year for us. Not going out west as much as we use to. Heard maybe next year or year after those runs will start picking up again, for the terminal I'm out of.

7. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    Yeah I wanna head out that way. I've never seen that part of the country I think it would be pretty cool.

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    it really is cool! Sure, I actually went crazy the first time I was in the desert....was literally like, get me out of here, NOTHING HERE! But, after that first time, I love the desert more than the mountains on the east coast! haha

Scole1987 Thanks this.
  9. Scole1987

Scole1987 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Asheboro
    I was in Iraq for 14 months. The desert doesnt scare me as much as the mountains.

10. chuck230

chuck230 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Hey yankatank what are you doing now that you are not in general freight

11. chuck230

chuck230 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Never mind I read another one of your post where you said tanker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.