My time at Crete...

Discussion in 'Crete' started by chowick1966, Jan 4, 2010.

1. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    I am originally from England, and been a Liverpool supporter since 1971!!! when they lost in the FA Cup final to none other than Arsenal!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    After sitting around for a large part of yesterday finally headed out.....and had to pick our trucks up from a couple of ex-drivers houses.....mine was in Rockford,IL and I guess I lucked out....a brand new International ProStar with only 7000 miles on it!! and had to take the other driver from my orientation at ottawa to his truck in dubuque,ia....not so much luck there.....the previous driver never even started it since he got out of it over christmas i suppose.....so a call to breakdown and eventually got it started....i am on a load to topeka,ks but currently stopped in cedar rapids thanks to the weather and i380 here is currently in a very poor state!!! but of course that never seems to slow some people down!!!! oh well....

take care all and i will update again later!

4. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    held up by the weather in cedar rapids.....hasn't quit snowing all day!!! Was supposed to be in Topeka today at 5pm.....that isn't going to happen me thinks!!!!!

5. alex94

alex94 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2008
    good ol CG
    thanks for the updates chowick. keep em comin as you continue with crete. did you completely shut down due to that storm? and how does crete feel about that or are they fine with it?

6. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Yep...completely shut down....And I was on a hot load!! But it didnt pose any problems......the key COMMUNICATION!!!!

And I was pretty much justified...as i was driving between cedar rapids and des moines i counted no less than 70 vehicles off in the ditches or the median including about16 big trucks!!! Eventually got my load delivered half a day late, then headed to the KCMO terminal to have minor work done on my truck, a load out of the yard to Niles,MI and via home too!!!!

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    When roads are that bad the customer needing that load very likely shut production down for a while and didn't need the load so badly .
    We experience a lot of that , particularly when ice causes downed power lines .

8. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    It was a retail load.....funnily enough snow blowers and generators!!! But I wasn't about to put it in a ditch for anybody!!!!

9. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Keep it safe out there buddy. Will call you soon, you know, doing that night shift thing still.:biggrin_25518:
    Grant

chowick1966 Thanks this.
  10. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Keep up the good work chowick, glad to hear your doing ok so far, Be safe.

11. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Well....i am now in PA after a 5 hour sit in chicago on monday to get loaded,dropped in allentown and another pick up in allentown then deaded for new kingstown to attend the rest of orientation....i have racked up a little under 1600 miles since saturday and with orientation pay for thursday and friday shouldnt be too bad of a week!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.