My time with Hirschbach

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SteeringWheelHolder411, Apr 20, 2016.

1. SteeringWheelHolder411

SteeringWheelHolder411 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    Well , I turned my last load for Hirschbach yesterday. This morning I turned my truck in and am bouncing. I'll go further into this later tonight .

RERM and RoadDogTruckingClone! Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Someday I hope to last with a company long enough to quit. It appears that will have to remain a dream as I am my own boss now.

4. SteeringWheelHolder411

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    I couldn't take all the lies anymore. They kept sabotaging me, and were purposely trying to mess with my income. I decided that it was time to go. I start orientation for a different company tomorrow.

RoadDogTruckingClone! Thanks this.
  5. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    My personal experience with Hirschbach never found them to be doing anything intentionally wrong. Payroll screwed things up from time to time. I got plenty of miles. The first week was messed up but every other time was fine. I never took hometime so I can't answer to that. I liked the people I met. I enjoyed everything about it. But, I got fired for turning up the speed on the truck. Right now, I am outside of Las Vegas. My truck runs 75 all day and gets 8.9 miles to the gallon. Freedom is worth much more then any of the Trucking companies I have worked for in the past.

Good luck with your next company. Keep us posted.

I wonder what orientation for myself will be like. I hope I don't bore me to death.

6. RoadDogTruckingClone!

RoadDogTruckingClone! Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2016

KingG239 Thanks this.
  7. RoadDogTruckingClone!

RoadDogTruckingClone! Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Well, Good Luck Matt, I know for a fact the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Unless you own your own truck. Who did you decide to work for ? If it's ok to ask? I've been with the same company for going 5 years. It's up & down, buts it's ok. I'm going back to training for awhile. That should help me get caught up on taxes. But, I'm with Prime under my lease agreement. I got another 2.5 years to finish this one out & get caught up on taxes, which was my fault not doing quarterly. Then I'll see from there what to do next. I got so much money invested. That Prime is holding for my 10 years. I may just wait it out, unless they piss me off again, lol.

8. SteeringWheelHolder411

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    I have decided that I'm going to Schneider. I'll be in greenbay tomorrow and really looking forward to it. The grass isn't always greener on the other side however, a lot of changes happened at HB that I don't like. Being lied to non stop is one of those things. At some point you have to draw the line. My line was crossed but I'm looking forward to having more control. HB has way too many restrictions and are a prime example of being a glorified company driver. Can't go faster than 64 and a very restrictive program. No thank you.

9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Schneider Choice IC or company driver?

10. KingG239

KingG239 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Prime is good the only thing tho the payment 2 high and they truck only go 62 for you to be leasing just like HB. Prime. Seems better than HB and have more freight

11. SteeringWheelHolder411

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    Choice of course lol

RERM Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.