My time with Roehl Transport.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tarzan528, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Ravensnest

Ravensnest Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2014
    BRF WI
    Very nice informational reading Tarzan.. I just started with Roehl a month ago.. slow start on the miles but will give it some time... does your friend still dispatch for roehl? The one who was your DM? I actually have 2 main dms... one is great..the other has some major issues.. hoping that gets better soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tarzan528

Tarzan528 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2010
    No he doesn't.

The thing you have to remember about DM's is that they have a job to do too and regardless of what you may believe, they are not the ones who choose your loads for you. The load planners do. That's not to say that they don't have some influence, but largely they don't control your loads. Many of them have their favorite drivers which they may work a little harder to keep moving, but mostly they can't play favorites. The main thing is.......Don't be an A-hole, because it will not serve you we'll.

if you are just out of your evo's they won't run you hard. My first "non trainee" check was for 800 miles, then went up from there as they got more comfortable with me.

Do you still have to fax in your paper work at Roehl or have they upgraded that now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.