My training with Roehl begin tomorrow.....

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by New Driver, Mar 13, 2008.

1. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    And I wonder why i am balding.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    bout

If you do less then a logged 4 hour day then that day does not count as a training day. Don't worry your trainer will not let this happen for multiple reasons.

KK here ya go Rums Revalations:

STOP thinking about home
    STOP thinking about food
    STOP thinking about showers
    STOP thinking about anything that does not involve driving that dang truck

You are getting close to the time to be on your own. You wont have that person there to help you for very much longer.

DO watch
    Do Listen
    DO learn
    Do laugh at his stupid jokes (makes him feel better)

4. New Driver

New Driver Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    Drving the hell out of a four wheeler is a good thing, but it will not help you in this ball game. i do not know how to float gears, so I will tell you about double clutching. Clutch neutral, clutch gear. Is up shifting. Clutch neutral, raise rpm to 1200 then clutch gear is down shifting. Guess what. It is easier than it sounds. Load and unload is a big different also as to how fast the rpm goes up before you need to shift. Also shift at 12 on the low and 15 on the high and you will be okay. A lot of rambling here but I hope that helps.

5. New Driver

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    Lol...you are funny. No onslought here and I got a shower today. It rained here in virginia.

6. possessed

possessed Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    NC

Thanks man. I guess it's something you get used to, no different than driving a manula 4 wheeler. It's a pain in the butt at first but then it's just something you do without thinking about it. Good luck out there, I hope things get better for you soon.

7. New Driver

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    If I do all of the stops, then I become a sad, skinny, stanking truck driver.
    If i do all the do's, then I will become a puppet truck driver who has lost his log book to his trainer.

Whold on...I am looking for some tape to wrap around my pants and my log book. I seem to have missed placed it.:biggrin_25523:

8. New Driver

Feb 7, 2008
    Jonesboro, GA
    No problem. You will get use to it. You just have to forget about driven a manuel 4 wheeler and just remember to DC. Thanks and I hope they get better soon too.

9. jl090507

jl090507 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Maryland

:biggrin_25514::smt044:laughing3:

Great Advice that I hope to remember!!!

10. Golpher

Golpher Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Chicago

If you can float gears, then it's really not much different than driving an automatic, except the downshifting, and the fact you are moving the gearshift into different gears.

11. Fooman

Fooman Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Go to Youtube and search for shifting a 10 speed or 18 speed or semi, double clutching, whatever.....
    there are quite a few vid's on there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.