My Weight being a problem?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Christensen, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

Ban them for it and they will quickly learn.:biggrin_25514:

GuysLady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Now now Medic.. you know I have to play nice, until given permission to play otherwise...:biggrin_2559:

Roadmedic and Lilbit Thank this.
  4. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Everybody hates a grammar nazi.

Injun, THBatMan8 and Lilbit Thank this.
  5. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE
    I actually like some grammar nazis.........the ones who try to correct someone and still get it wrong are fun, because then it's ok for me to open up on them myself:biggrin_25525:. I never have any problem in fulfilling my part of the golden rule once someone makes it clear how they themselves wish to be treated.

6. SmileyisSexy

SmileyisSexy Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Alabama
    Basically in a nut shell you eat nothing but protein no carbs of any kind. Drop a ton of weight fast but once you go off of it and go back to eating carbs again you'll gain the weight back

7. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

I havent read the posts due to lack of time, but 2 months ago CB was diagnosed with diabetes...his dietician has us counting carbs to lose weight..AND ITS WORKING....for a male 45-60 carbs per meal 3 times a day, and 2 snacks at 15 carbs each....for a female....30 to 45 carbs per meal 3 times a day, and 2 snacks as well at 15 carbs...cut out the soda and sweets...rice, pasta, only half cup of potatoes if you are eating them....also try to limit your bread intake, if you do eat it, make sure its wheat...I am by no means an expert, i just know that its working for us...we both have lost over 20 pounds..he has lost closer to 30...and not gaining it back..

8. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    nevermind

123456789 abcdefghijklmnop

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  9. M818

M818 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Atkins does work but it is no good for health after a couple months. It is not natural for the body to go completely without carbs. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months on it, but I started getting sick and having strange pains and my doctor told me some kind of chemicals (acid ketones or some -osis I don't remember) had built up and to quit it right away.

Better to eat non-processed food and lean meat and and a lot of green and leafy vegetables. They taste pretty good really, as good as anything else, once one forgets how good salt and fat and sugar tastes which is the big problem.

Unfortunately restaurants, and especially the truck stop restaurants, are not in the health business, they are in the business of seeing how much profit they can make off chicken fried steak (50% TVP), gravy&biscuits, soda, fake butter, and pie. Or the buffet. If it is all you can eat then "quality" is a word never spoken in that kitchen, except for certain items where they still can make $$ off it or have to have it to be complete. No fried stuff. got to skip the pie. very sad about the pie. ice tea instead of soft drinks. But I can't tell anyone else how to eat it is an individual choice. I'm overweight but not getting any bigger and its because I quit on the obnoxious processed stuff and always try first for the non-processed stuff like the 'raw' vegetables first and only then a smallish piece of the lean meat or whatever.

Twinkies? - those are disgusting knowing what's in the filling, never eat them or little debbie cakes or stuff like that.

Fries are worse knowing first hand about the oil. I did some work for a centrifuge and separator company, "Laval", and they'd get in the machines for service that are used to reprocess the cooking oil from Mcdonalds and other big chains. The oil is cleaned, sent back, and re-used for more fried food. The separators have to be rebuilt from time to time.

I was not working with the centrifual separators but with some electronics there. One of the guys in their shop offered to show me how the separators worked. These things are about 1-2FT in diameter of stainless or aluminum with a rotor inside and a bunch of slots. I wanted to see how they worked because it was cool. He had one cracked open on a wash-out bench and when he slid the top cover off, the thing was full of dead maggots. Choked with them. He did it to gross me out for sure, smart ###. Yes, the oil for your fries might not be new, might have been through a maggot-turbocharger. No thanks on the fried stuff, too much 'protein'.

Injun and RedForeman Thank this.
  10. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    That's just naaaaasty!

It's all good, though. I never liked McDoogal's fries anyway.

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    The important thing is to eat a balanced diet. If you look at those who are fat, they usually eat a lot of carbs, such as bread, pasta, potatoes, etc., They also tend to over eat. You can lose weight by watching your portions and eating a wider variety of foods. We need some carbs. But, you need to balance the carbs with vegetables and fruit. If you eat in moderation you should be able to eat most anything that you want. There is no need to starve yourself, just make better food choices.

Lilbit and BJP Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.