My Werner experience

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Apr 13, 2016.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How much are you going to get paid for the DG account?Did they mention how much you would receive for unloading your trailer? Two things are new since I was their,the hair testing and cameras.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I was told drivers average 1000-1300 a week on this account, it was unload pay I beleive was $40. I don't remember exactly, it's wrote down in my room. However, the cameras aren't really cameras it's more of a warning that you're following too close or whatever they have different safety systems in different trucks.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So in other words those cameras are tattletales like the Qualcomm,lol..Be careful so you don't get too many warnings otherwise safety will call you in.

5. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Pretty much. Lol if you get a red light you have 45 seconds to regain the 8 second following distance before it reports it to safety but it only works at 19 mph and above so bumper to bumper wont be an issue. The other things are a lane departure device, if you drift into a different lane without your turn signal it alarms you, if you do it a certain number of times it then sends it to safety. I think 5 times is the magic number there. Not too sure.

pattyj Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I've noticed you're remembering alot as if you've been doing this awhile,I think your trainer will be glad he's got a good student to train.

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  7. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Thank you! I was told by the lady that does the assignments and stuff that I was assigned one of the best trainers they have, im just hoping they don't swap my trainer since im waiting on the doctors office. Also, if any of you guys use cpap make sure to have your card read and bring that paperwork with you! Another guy in my orientation is having to wait for a trainer and make a trip back home to get things in order...just thought I'd share!

8. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Update: still haven't been Abe to clear orientation as I had to wait on my doctors office and then sit in with the terminal doctor and now waiting on the folks in Omaha. Probably gonna be stuck in the hotel until Monday now. I hope I still have the same trainer I was pre assigned. I'll update again soon when something more exciting happens....

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Anybody else having issues with getting cleared by the doctor?You didn't have any problems during the physical did you?

10. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    One other guy that was in my class had to wait on a drug screen. Just came back today....mine is because their doctor didn't like my medication...so I had to wait on my doctor then theirs now omaha

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Oh ok hopefully you'll hear back Monday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.