My Werner experience

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Apr 13, 2016.

1. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Make sure they do an equipment swap. That's the company term.
    Oh, and since your new just say you'd feel more comfortable with an automatic. That's how you'll get a new truck.

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flight number 919

flight number 919 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Raleigh, NC

Thank you for your reply

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  4. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Sure thing anything else you wanna know just ask

5. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    My latest update:
    So far I've been running solo on the dollar general account, it's not bad with a trainer but it kinda sucks when your alone, it's mostly the heat that sucks I got to the lithia springs terminal today to swap trucks. I traded in my old cascadia which didn't have crap for a/c and doing DG in Florida with no ac equals me being very pissed off all day. Anyway, I got a 2015 cascadia with around 215xxx miles on it, it's super clean and drives like a dream compared to my last truck where almost everything was broken and drove like a hunk of crap. Anyway it's a really good truck. I am currently on wait lists with driver placement, I would really like more home time I may try to go local with some more experience but I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. If anyone has ran on dollar general before, pm me I have some stupid questions. Just a quick update before I fall asleep

6. Jason G

Jason G Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    West TN
    Hows it going FireFighter, I have been reading about your training exp. with the DG account. I start training/orientation in ATL for the western DG account out of Missouri Monday 7/18. I am what they are calling an "experienced" driver (that term is applied loosely) I was just wondering, now that you have been on your account for a bit, are they getting you hometime as promised and is the weekly pay meeting what they said it would. Any other tips or advice would be appreciated also. PM me if you'd like. Stay safe out there driver.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    FireFighter_02 and CHHALL3 Thank this.
  7. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Jason, I'm going to warn you now that terminal is under construction, and the people that work there aren't in the best of moods, at least when I got my new truck there...they have nice trucks though so you should get a good one! Only once have I not got home when I wanted to and it was my own fault for not working my hours like I should have. Make sure you send your trip envelopes in. I use the transflo app on my phone and keep the paperwork until I get paid I'm glad I do cause I'm fighting with payroll right now they're saying they paid me for 3 loads and they didn't. Resulting in me having a crappy pay check this week. I made more in training. I hope to get that resolved soon, you should be getting paid 600 a week in training. Once you get on your own it gets a little more difficult, I'm still learning. I don't know how Dg works up north there, but it really sucks to unload trailers in the Florida summer time. Lol I can give you tips or advice if you have ANY questions ask me and if I don't know ill find out for you. I thought I had stupid questions but they really aren't. Practice backing backing and more backing. And they'll make you show them a through pre trip every 3 months I believe. Be prepared to do more cbts, close quarter backing and turning, pre trip, coupling and uncoupling, and how to use roll tainers when you get your truck to the dc. Since your a qualified driver you won't go with a trainer so they're gonna assign you a mentor on your account to ride with you and show you how to work these dollar general loads. Tomorrow being Saturday I'm going about an hour from home, last week I was in another state and off hours dispatch wanted to stay out another week to pick up a back haul on Monday. I came home anyway and my fleet manager was cool with it. Even gave me time off for a 34 even though I'd been home ( I didn't mention that) stay safe and shoot me some questions man

Jason G Thanks this.
  8. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    My new truck

Attached Files:

KMG365 and CHHALL3 Thank this.
  9. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    This is when I finally found it at the terminal

Attached Files:

CHHALL3 and bamamac Thank this.
  10. Jason G

Jason G Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    West TN
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the information. I will be sure and hit you up with any questions when they come up. I have been told that the DG account now has a guaranteed $900 base pay for the first 4 weeks I am on my own to help transition into the position, so that should help. Best of luck to us both, be safe driver.

11. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Idk I haven't heard of that maybe the dc here doesn't offer that idk

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.