My Werner experience

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Jason G

Jason G Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2016
    West TN
    I was told it started as an incentive for new account drivers July 1st, idk. I will try to keep updates as best I can on my experience with Werner.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CHHALL3

CHHALL3 Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Augusta, GA
    The truck in the pic, what year is it and how many miles on it when you picked it up?

4. LumbraX

LumbraX Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    I see you're from Florida... Does Werner still have the Home Depot account from the Lake Park, GA, DC?? I haven't read up on your home time but those guys used to work Monday thru Friday. It's mostly trainers but Werner is one of those companies if your firm with them they might help you out. 100% drop and hook and the occasional gem load to Key West. Ask about it. Trained on Account for 68 days.. Had fun honestly. Trainer would bring home around $1,200 a week. I'd bring home lunch money at I think $325 or something.

We warned you about DG!! The good thing is your eating, exercising, and probably a master at blind side backing. Lots of other options with that outfit don't stress out\torture yourself over that garbage. At least you don't run Office Max... Think some of those DG stores are tight????? Nah Player... Horrible

Also don't fall for that Driver Placement Waiting List crap either... Yeah your probably not gonna scoop up the Jacksonville Anheuser Busch gig right away but if you call, call, call, keep bugging you'll get what you want. The trick is to act like you have more options.. You don't need to run for Werner... Keep that attitude and you shall succeed. A guy I used to ride bikes with threw a fit and got on the Coca Cola account after 3 months solo... Made decent money I guess but the idiot wanted to be big and did a lease purchase at JCT 1 year into his career. You can guess what he's doing now.... YUP cutting grass in his parents neighborhood. Real talk,...Best Of Luck!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Running4Money

Running4Money Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    What's going on man. I'm here in Jacksonville and graduate from CDL school this week. I was looking at working for Werner on this same account. I noticed you said that you were making less money now than you were in training. Hopefully not a lot more. I'm like you and willing to give Werner a try to be home every weekend. I was curious if you think things are going to improve as far as pay. What does a typical day look like? How often are you out of state. I know you said that they run 3 states. Do you run the exact same route to the exact same stores weekly? Any idea when you are going to get your automatic since that's what they are selling to people? How long was training before you got out on your own? Thanks in advance.

dawgfan Thanks this.
  6. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I turned in my truck yesterday and took a loa
    Tired of not being home when I asked, or when I was a back on dedicated I was supposed to be home weekly. 13 days out and I just said f it.
    Got a rental and came home.
    I miss it, but I'm home.

Puppage and FireFighter_02 Thank this.
  7. LumbraX

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    My buddy left Werner after 6 months to drive with Angelica in Boston. They deliver strictly to hospitals... Home every night about $800 a week. Might want to check them out

CHHALL3 and BostonTanker Thank this.
  8. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Ya they're in Somerville.
    Trying to avoid running that area full time again

LumbraX Thanks this.
  9. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    You will miss it. As in my opinion you need to get back in it as soon as you are able. With your experience you should be able to find a good job. Buddy of mine just left Averitt and he went with In hunt. He is pretty happy with them

CHHALL3 and BostonTanker Thank this.
  10. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I already miss it. However I'm old school ethic.
    I do my end of the job, they need to do theirs.
    They didn't, I gave them multiple times to do so, they failed, I left.
    Very hard to find a company with the correct way of treating employees.

Puppage, FireFighter_02 and CHHALL3 Thank this.
  11. LumbraX

Sep 12, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Don't give up man... They're are 1000s of companies out there... Werner is just a bottom feeder starter company. I personally never had problems getting home, paid, reimbursements... However from posts some of you are being straight stepped on. Keep your head high

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.