Napping options in a day cab

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by 2Tap, Jan 29, 2023.

1. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    I've seen the door sling/hammock style but they look like more work than worth and my luck my 250# butt would prolly screw the doors up somehow.

Anyone used or have any thoughts on something like this: Presto Day Bed – Presto Day Bed

And before you mention wadding a pillow and sleeping upright, that crap kills my neck but thanks. Newb day cab snoozer here:D

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    That thing is cool. Beats the heck out of a hinged board that’ll fold and fit behind the seats.

2Tap Thanks this.
  4. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    I have on of the day cab hammocks. They are very comfortable, it does take a couple of times setting it up and sleeping in it to get used to it. The trucks doors are angled towards the hood. So it can feel like you will fall out of the hammock. If i lay at a angle with my head by headrest and feet closer to the dash im comfortable. I'm bigger than you and have no problem getting in and out of it. I'd also recommend a pillow, I bought a cheap inflatable one off Amazon.

Day-Cab Lounger - Truck Hammock, Truck Nap, Truck Bed Hammock

We have a couple guys that will get a piece of 3/4 plywood about 3'x 18-24" and put it over the gap between the seats. Might be something to try before you spend money on the bed.

2Tap Thanks this.
  5. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Doesnt count as sleeper birth time...You might get away with off duty if dot questioned it..

6. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Ag exempt craig. Napping at the cheese plant waiting to be unloaded/washed anyways, private property.
    The world needs its cheddah as do i.

Oxbow, austinmike and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    More of a swiss man myself...Even some good ole havarti.....
    Didnt know there was an exempt for that...Hmmm learn something new today..

8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Depends on the make of your cab and width from door to door. When I drove a freightliner a large plug in style smooth top cooler between the seats with my sleeping bag and some of the egg shell crate looking padding laid over top of it worked great. I have also seen guys use a plastic milk crate turned upside down and lower both seats to the correct height with the sleeping bag on top.

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    When I was doing food service we got a 3 hour nap from 3-6am and whoever was driving home got the bed. The other guy laid between the seats. We had box of plastic trays that was the perfect size to fit between the seats. Wasn't that bad actually

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Considering it's 100% legal to be off duty sitting in the drivers seat dot will not have a problem with it.

11. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
    If its legally parked.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.