Narrow Loading Dock - Trailer Door Options

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Industrial Engineer, Jul 2, 2015.

1. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    dockdoor.gif

Sorry for the lousy computer drawing. the blue on the left side represents the trailer, in the middle is the trailer door. On the right the yellow represents your docks side wall area, the dark grey is a piece of rubber cut into the shape of a triangle.(which you could cut out from an old truck tire.) Place the triangle at the point which is the narrowest & where trailer doors are always touching. With the rubber in place whether the trailer is backing in or pulling out, the door will now slide inward toward the trailer as it passes over the rubber. I hope this helps, again sorry for the handmade sketch; I had to make this to help everyone. have always hated going into such tight places, broke off a trailer door once from a dock just like yours my first year out..

magoo68 and The Boy Wonder Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I used zip ties or rubber bungies at times. I had a door swing on me once......never again! Luckily for me, the door only scraped a brick wall, and caused minor abrasion damage. I never trusted the latches that companies had on their trailers after that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.