NASTC Membership question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by natanishe, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    Any members please look up /gallon fuel discount for T/A Ontario West, CA for me.
    Much obliged
    *** $2.839 - $2.5032 = $0.3358 discount/gallon

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    $2.5032

Josh_ Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I paid $2.349 (cash) just up the road in Bakersfield the day before.

I did talk to someone at NASTC last week. Told them I don't go back east anymore and wouldn't be able to attend a mandatory $250 program orientation. The other option offered was to join their premium membership program at over $30 a month. I know it includes being part of their drug testing consortium, however, I'm still convinced the way I'm doing it now, paying cash at independents, is a better option for me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Josh_ Thanks this.
  5. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    At like a loss-leader grocery store or Costco with a baby nozzle or something?

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Haha, you're funny.

No, at EZ Trip. There's also a station right across the street from the TA in Buttonwillow for $2.349. The TA "cash" price was $2.789.

I asked the person at NASTC what their posted discounted member price was at the TA in Buttonwillow for that day, they told me $2.589. The way I see it, I saved $70 on 200 gallons paying cash.

With the savings, I could of bought a $13 shower at TA, had a steak dinner and still had money left over ;-)

7. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I ask because before NASTC I used to fill at a grocery store outside Sacramento that was always cheaper than everybody else, but I had to drop my trailer and then turn around after filling one tank to fill the other.

It was a pain, but it was almost always 5 cents cheaper and it wasn't far from home...

NASTC gives you $0.01/gal off the cash price at the EZ Trips in Fresno & Bakersfield ($0.02 off at Fifth wheel)

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Exactly my point. $0.01 off per gallon? In order to pay the $250 membership fee back I'd have to purchase what? Like 25,000 gallons a year? For me, cash is still king. ;-)

Josh_ Thanks this.
  9. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    I really like the NASTC card, except that I feel pigeon-holed into TA/Petro for my fueling. The occasional SAP or Speedco, depending where in the country I am are also options. I've noticed in the southeast the ratio of PFJ and Loves compared to TA/Petro is really lopsided.

At the orientation, you learn about the pissing contest between the NASTC card and PFJ. Too bad. I'd like to see the Fleetone (NASTC) card work at all of the chain truckstops. It would open more options for us.

The orientation isn't so bad, but it is a huge sales pitch. I personally believe I signed up for too much and will be soon reevaluating the amount of services I use from NASTC.

10. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012

Not sure where you're from but "just up the road" to me implies a few miles. Ontario to Bakersfield is a good four hour drive, or about 20 gallons of fuel @ 7mpg. 40 gallons of fuel and 8 hours wasted is no bargain.

TA

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Of course you wouldn't go all that way, neither would I. That wasn't my point.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.