National 2 week quarantine??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Soonermark, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Come on pull a Van, it’s not so bad.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    I hate to admit this... but I don't know if I'll remember how. I pulled one one time for about five weeks and swore them off after that. It's been spread axle flats and dump trailers ever since. That was over 17 years ago!

Trucker61016 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    E33BFBAB-48C8-4CFB-AF1E-BD30057EB06E.png Everyone’s getting in on the action

Rocks, Trucker61016, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I am thinking of running within 500-700 radius only, no more than a day long drive from home for now. If I am stuck with a load on my trailer and nobody knows when and where it will be unloaded, I'd still rather come back home and have the shipper take it off. Therefore, my preference would be to book food loads delivering to recognized grocery warehouses. Calling ahead is a good idea.

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Shelter in place means...as others stated...essential workers can do their thing. You can go out for groceries, you can go to doc appointments, an a bunch of other things. You can go outside for a walk or exercise long as your practice the "Social Distancing"..6 feet apart. You can hike, run, bike, etc.

No team sports, like basketball, soccer, football, etc. No groups on the beach but you can walk your dog on it, or go for a jog. Due to social distancing and limit on folks together.

Florida could get nasty, since their Gov refuses to shut the beaches down. The cities/towns/counties have done it on a local level but some are refusing. Dumb ### spring breakers. Stay home an drink, far cheaper.

Following is from article in link Shelter in place: What is and isn't allowed - CNN

They talk about NYC and Cali but it's the same rules for everywhere else I've seen.

"There, city officials ordered residents to remain in place at their homes except for essential activities, essential business and essential government functions, including:
    • Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor.
    • Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and supplies necessary for staying at home.
    • Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running provided that they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing.
    • Caring for a family member in another household.
    • Caring for elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable persons."
    They also have a list of professions considered essential. Not sure if it's a full one but will give folks a good idea.

An don't forget the "#thankatrucker" going on now since ol Potus decided to give truckers a shout out.

Stay safe, don't swallow any germs!

Sirscrapntruckalot - Being helpful..kind of.

Just passing by, x1Heavy, PE_T and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I had a Lady offer to buy Me coffee today, while standing in McDonald’s drive thru line. Thanks anyway, I’m good!! Lol. That was nice!

Rocks, Midwest Trucker, Smut and 5 others Thank this.
  8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    All of the dispensaries near me have lines outside although that might be to keep them out of the stores. On the bright side, the local university is shut down and there aren't 25,000 self-entitled Leftist snowflakes clogging the streets every day. Should make it permanent.

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok... once in a while something comes along and I must accept something as pending. Fact.

Trump is planning to shut the USA down except for Pharmacy and Grocery. Thats it for 14 days. Nothing else allowed. Stay home and sit. No travel except trucking.

Ex and I area already loaded and rolling to her Mom's to take care of her weekly needs at this hour early saturay morning as well as gasoline etc for the vehicles. All shop appts and those with doctors etc cancelled.

Breaking: Trump eyes two-week quarantine, only drug and grocery stores open

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I don’t know about that news source, but I would not be surprised. One more spoonful, once National Guard is in place, National Quarantine begins. It’s almost written in the wall. Cali, Ny,Illinois, are the pilot programs. Study in place. Plan soon to be implemented. I imagine Truckstops will have National Guard present. We will be the only ones out here. It makes sense, that’s why my Daughter was given a Travel Authorization letter from her Employer. Only Health care, and Other necessary travel allowed. They will have to act quickly, before the crazies figure it out. Wouldn’t be surprised at all, if it’s true.

Trucker61016 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.