National DCP route driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Slim51, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    Anyone on here doing this gig? I have a phone interview tomorrow. Job posting claims 2-4am start times, 4 day work week, OT after 40.... sounds pretty #### good. Hoping to hear from someone who works for the company!

Also, I searched the forum already and didn’t come up with much info from recent.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i don't or never did work for DD, but some routes, you get a helper.

you will be delivering to strip mall locations, sidewalk deliveries, and some gas stations where they are located.

it can be bull work, then you go back to work after a brief few hours at home.

i have personally seen a different driver going to the same store i go to, over and over again.....

to me, it's like a CVS job, or dollar store job.

good luck.

Slim51 Thanks this.
  4. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    I keep seeing their ads on indeed. They were starting out at like $30/hr 2 years ago and now they are up to like $36.50/hr.

More than likely they can’t keep their drivers.

5. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    The pay isn’t that high for my area, but is a little higher than US foods and Sysco. I would imagine all three are hurting for drivers and deal with high turnover. Those two and NDCP are the companies I’m looking at for now atleast. I’m young and in good shape doing physical work now and I’d like to keep myself that way so those types of jobs are what I’m looking to right now for getting back in a truck

Northeast Hillbilly Thanks this.
  6. Northeast Hillbilly

Northeast Hillbilly Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Only thing I'd say is make sure your driving skills are on point. They're putting dunking donuts anywhere they can so delivering with a 53' trailer might be challenging in some spots.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    much like a CVS, Walgreens, any "Dollar" stores........etc,etc.

Northeast Hillbilly Thanks this.
  8. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Is this for the Bellingham, MA location?

Slim51 Thanks this.
  9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Being that you're in Maine, I wonder if (and how far) you go into Mass. I think of the crummiest DD locations that I wouldn't want to put a trailer near in the best case scenarios.

Texas_hwy_287 and Slim51 Thank this.
  10. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    no it’s not, it’s a hub location in central maine. The phone interview was with the transportation manager in Bellingham MA though. The job posting I applied through was old so they already filled the position but the manager wanted to do the interview because he thinks one of the guys out of this location is getting done. Might hear back, might not. The job sounds pretty good to me. They run two guys in a truck which is taking some time for me to wrap my head around lol. 4 day work week, two days you are the driver and two days you are the helper. OT after 40, 12-14 hr days. Start time around 2:30am.

I also applied to US foods and plan to put one in with Sysco. Honestly though that 4 day work week with NDCP sounds awful nice

jmz Thanks this.
  11. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    From what I understand, they have a dc in MA, a hub location in southern maine, and then the location I applied for in central maine. So I doubt I’d go near MA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.