Navajo Express has just abandoned this trainee in a tiny town 1500 miles from home!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JustPj, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    she deffinately took a lot of criticism.I was a bit upset because she wasn't making any headway to get home.I was starting to think I was being played for a fool.But I don't now.Some still do but everyone has a right to think what they want.

LoboSolo, JustPj and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Glad you're able to get home, PJ. Nice stroke of luck with the airlines.

4. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Then there was the question as to where her final pay was. As I remember, she was told it would be put on her card and she was going to use that to get home, but then they sent a check to her home instead. (I think she got that cleared up finally, but that could have stalled her for a time as well.)

JustPj Thanks this.
  5. markdm4805

markdm4805 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    PJ glad to hear. I never thought about flying as an option for ya as I would have thought a last minute to Denver at $ 136 would be next to impossible. God is smiling on you. Let us know you got home safe and I am happy you are finally on the move safe and sound.

JustPj Thanks this.
  6. thedrifter

thedrifter Medium Load Member

May 23, 2010
    portland or.
  7. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Glad you are getting home but your wholier than thou attitude of being too good for the bus disgusts me. Im sorry Im just being honest. I have traveled by bus and while the conditions arent the most ideal at least it would have gotten you home. You should have been home a day ago.....flame me for this or ban me....i dont care but i just had to express how i fel.

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I would not have taken it either.

nikmirbre, xlsdraw and Hammer166 Thank this.
  9. markdm4805

markdm4805 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Folks my closing comment in this thread. I am not currently a truck driver. I have driven buses for 10 years and I am hoping to get into trucking when my finances can support it. I mainly got involved in this thread because I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to finding public transit in almost any part of this country. As well from reading other threads on here I knew when I saw the title this was not the first time Navajo has been less than ethical just probably the lowest example I have heard of. I myself have learned a few things from this thread too. Namely what a close nit helpful group these forums are. I think also this thread serves as a reminder too listen to the veterans here and elsewhere and pack the least amount that you need when on your trainers truck (PJ please know I'm not trying to put you down in that respect). What I'm trying to get across is I think these last 3 days have been a great pulling together of forum members to help someone in a time of dire need and a great exchange of educational dialogue. I don't know what the rules are but if a Moderator sees this I would love to see this thread pinned. Also too anyone that reads this if you should find your self stuck in a strange city (maybe your truck is in the shop) before you rent a car pm me and I can probably tell you how you can get around even the most remote city by bus. PJ Godspeed and I hope you find a decent company to hire on with and can successfully go on with your trucking career.

10. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Well that is difference between you and i...if i wanted to get home....ahh hell with it aint worth it anymore

Captain Call Thanks this.
  11. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Quitting under duress is the same as being fired/terminated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.