Navajo Express has just abandoned this trainee in a tiny town 1500 miles from home!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JustPj, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I think that was a tongue in cheek comment. You know, sarcasm. I'm sure she doesn't really think she is too good for the bus, but with the price of that airline ticket it was a no brainer to fly.

thebennyman, Lonesome and xlsdraw Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think you have to worry about being banned or flamed. You made good points.

I think we're all just happy that she will be home soon.

I think what we can take away from this is that these type of incidents are common occurrences in our industry. In the future, when someone asks about going out with a trainer....we should mention to bring enough money to get them home and to pack light.

Lux Prometheus and thebennyman Thank this.
  4. Gitana

Gitana Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    Kissimmee, FL
    Agreed. That and seeing TTR acting like a unified community are the highlights of this thread.

Somebody new shouldn't have to read through almost 800 posts for this bit of advice. The post is far from pinworthy. That is my opinion, of course.

Lux Prometheus Thanks this.
  5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm more playing devils advocate, trying to see if I can find anyway to justify their actions. At this point I cannot, but this is the best I can do. Through a deal of miscommunication they might be able to think of it in these terms. Personally I don't see it, and I'm thinking that they're mostly just terrible people. I can see weekend dispatch dropping the ball, they may not know what to do and were probably told two different stories.

I'm struggling with them not paying for her motel until arrangements to get her home could be made, even if it was Greyhound. I also cannot understand how when Monday came around they didn't take any action. I find it difficult to believe that there are companies full of people that would allow this. If the events, as told to us, are in fact true than Navajo is truly a deplorable company and nobody should continue working there. And I mean nobody, if there is even a single decent person in the office they should quit and be ashamed for what they represent.

Roadmedic, DsquareD, xlsdraw and 6 others Thank this.
  6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Correct... and if you refuse a ride to the next truck stop -- don't ##### about being left on the side of the road?

7. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I know right? But it's what happened -- in her own words:

Post 18:

I've never said Navajo is a good company -- I just wish people would take some personal responsibility.

8. JustPj

JustPj Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Honey, I'm home!

9. Anon42890

Anon42890 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    You have been there for a while.
    At least you have a home .
    That's a good thing as we approach the holidays.

JustPj and thebennyman Thank this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I've tapped out on this a while ago. The story got weirder and more convoluted as the days went on and then there was offered of help to get home, $400, a week of hotel stays and a plant ticket on the last day. Simple math says none of it added up and that's a fact. I don't know, I don't care, tap tap tap.

11. ibflat2

ibflat2 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Dothan Alabama

thebennyman and TruckDuo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.