NavaJo Express out of Denver Colorado

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by samson3540, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jabbs

jabbs Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2013
    i 'am almost out of here....if you can figure out what that other guy was complaining about....kinda sounds familiar...Navajo will ask you to log off the qual-com and finish a load. they do ask you to pick up late and keep the same delivery time. and the WILL JACK YOUR DAC if youre constantly late or if you even give a 2 notice...NEVER NEVER NEVER give notice @ Navajo...just quit on hometime. period...and yes....I BET he had Cindy as a driver manager... this broad is off her meds... i always though she was Bi-polar.....:biggrin_25523:

LoneCowboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crazyjack

crazyjack Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2013
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you."

X-Country Thanks this.
  4. aConsultant

aConsultant Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Yeah I got suckered By Scott. He gave me the whole "We want drivers like you.. leave it to me I will make things better" and within 2 weeks it was right back to the same old BS. I left them and went to KTS.

Last month I was headed down I-80 thru Iowa after one of the winter blasts, and saw a Kenworth in the ditch with that Navajo paint scheme. The cargo salvage company was collecting the load, and I couldn't help but think " Ahhh another driver forced to drive regardless of weather conditions".

I am really glad to be out of the Navajo grip. They ARE an accident waiting to happen and in many cases.... has ALREADY happened.

5. crazyhorse85

crazyhorse85 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I am a former Navajo Express office employee and some of the stuff they asked the drivers to do was unreal. The driver managers are some what hand cuffed because of the upper management micro managing everything and everyone. Working for Don, SR was not the worst but working for his son Don, JR was horrible. Don, JR basically fired his former VP Paul Harris and than said that Paul Harris resigned. After that they had hired 4 different people for the position of VP of Operations, every single one of them was a no call, no show. No one wanted to work for Don, JR because of his reputation of a hot head. They also decided one day that they were going to take 2 cents from the drivers and give them a Per Diem. They said that the 2 cents were to off set taxes and that other companies are doing the same thing. The Per Diem is a joke because you might make more on your checks but at the same time this was working against your Social Security and taxes. They told the driver managers they had to sell this Per Diem or get fired. After taking money from the drivers they than decided that they were going to make the driver managers work on a performance based bonus program. They told them there was no talking about it and either they sign a paper agreeing to the program or get fired on the spot. The goals in this program where unreachable and Don, JR knew this but he said that means the driver managers had to work even harder to reach the goals. The drivers are treated horrible. They are given late dispatches and are expected to deliver on time. They also are told its ok to refuse a load but if you do that at Navajo you will either be sitting or receiving a threatening phone call from the area planner. Navajo trucks are governed at 65 but you can only get that maximum speed if your idle is under 30 percent, hard to do when they give you night runs and you have to sleep in south in the summer during the day. The equipment is decent but if that truck ever breaks down or you have to go to their shop you are looked at as an incompetent driver. If you are one of the few drivers that Don, JR likes you will get the long hauls but if you ever try to stand up for your self Don, JR might try to punch you. That last part was true, Don, JR almost punched a driver because he swore at the driver and the driver had the balls to say something back to mister Don, JR. I know I sound like a disgruntled employee but I am just painting the picture I witnessed. I had seen some of the other post and they are correct about Navajo being audited. In the last 6 years they have been audited 3 times. They have passed each audit but not because they were a good company. The first audit resulted in a hefty fine in the sum of 71 thousand dollars. The second audit resulted in Navajo having to go to Paperless logs or electronic logs and a fine in the sum of 57 thousand. The third audit they found that Navajo is falsifying logs and were again given a fine plus was told in a year they would come back to see if they had made any improvements. Also the safety department is ok but I wouldn't say they were the greatest. They have some employees in there that blame you regardless if it's your fault or not. I would point out that Skyla is a pretty decent person, she might be rough but she is fair. I just feel like Navajo could have been a great company but the CEO cares not for the growth of the company but what he can get out of it. If you truly want to work for a good company I would suggest you look else where.

LoneCowboy and dollarmtn Thank this.
  6. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Nice work of fiction.

7. jabbs

jabbs Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2013
    mark, k7tkr.....obviously you must spend most of your time across the street on you knees....ooops I mean asking if anything needs to be hauled last minute,ohhhhhh my bad, I apologize....lol

8. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    No actually I spend my time hauling our customer's freight. Same thing I've been doing for the last 13 years here. Nice try on the insult though. Bout a 5 on the scale. Try again maybe? :D

Mark

9. jabbs

jabbs Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2013
    well I almost out of Navajo...been here four years...soon as I get home iam cleaning out my truck. as for what everyones has said on this site...they ARE spot on and everyone should be warned about coming here...by far the worst company I've ever worked for... good luck. question..have you ever noticed that everytime you go to Denver there is a whole new crew of people there...EVERYTIME? kinda gives credence to the thought,belief that Navajo SUCKS!!!! Cindy is bi-polar...Bob is a prick. Thank the lord they got rid of Tilo...Jay is a backstabbing ### that wants to screw your DAC if he can...And JR his mouth writes checks his ### cant cash.

10. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks again for spilling bilge and supposed dirty laundry [before] you left. Nice to see loyalty is dead and safely buried. I'm sure your next outfit will deeply appreciate it.

Mark

11. jackhammer2328

jackhammer2328 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2012
    san bernardino ca
    He is telling the truth jr is an ### and his dad is not much better i left 22 years ago screaming the only thing that was any good there was Tim able if you worked there 13 years. you have been road hard and put up wet or you just dont know any better they dont give a #### about you there. In phoenix or Denver dave down south there he is trying do somthing but sr takes what ever he get his hands on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.