Navajo Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Papa_Squirrel, May 21, 2015.

1. Papa_Squirrel

Papa_Squirrel Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Waterloo, NY
    Don Digby, son is running company Don jr, dad has to keep comming back to fix sons messes.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Papa_Squirrel

Apr 27, 2015
    Waterloo, NY
    I obviously did not commit to the new pay scale, as I could make more flipping burgers. After the first week or so here's what I can tell you.

I am almost convinced my DM is retarded. I have only talked to him twice since starting but in his place there are ten other people I talk to, telling them all the same stuff. Really annoying, and they call constantly to check in, I am not a baby nor do I need a baby sitter.

Miles and loads are there if you want to run, I did about 3200 with a day and a half at home. Watch out for the brokered loads however. I guess they bowler loads from swift and jb and you will sit for most of the day getting loaded and unloaded as I did today.

When you go to Denver you will get begged to do city work, in the end you can't turn it down as it is forced dispatch. I have to get truck in the shop for service so they are going as far as putting me in a different truck for the day just so I can do their local/city runs for tomorrow.

Equipment is good, I got put in a '15 KW t680. Has #### adaptive cruise which can be annoying when people going around or cut you off. Trucks are gov to 65 on cruise 62 on the pedal. They do not have prepass as their csa score is too high, not a big deal, does suck pulling into every open scale, but I don't have anything to hide.

So far there are some bs you have to deal with especially the home office, but that goes with any company. I am glad I got in before new pay scale. I feel bad for those comming in after me, could make more running .22cpm at swift. With bonuses I'll end up at 42 cpm as long as no accidents or driver caused late deliveries. They did get me home in the first week to get the rest of my stuff, kind of had to push a little bit again I think it is mostly that my DM has no clue what he is doing.

Will try and update as things progress, this is not a long term home for me just building experience and getting over the one year hump.

born&raisedintheusa and Dinomite Thank this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I thought sweat shops were illegal here in the states.

5. Smokeeater

Smokeeater Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Wow, how does any new driver support a family with that daily pay scale of theirs. I can't believe they are getting people to do that. Oh well ... to each his or her own. I guess its ok if you don't have to eat.

6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If I am interpreting this new pay scale correctly, this is what it would appear to be for a 1st. year new driver with less than 5 years experience, as shown below.
    1st. 90 days
    $110 a day X 7 days = $770 a week.
    $770 a week X 13 weeks = $10,010.
    3 to 9 months
    $115 a day X 7 days = $805 a week.
    $805 a week X 26 weeks = $20,930.
    9 to 12 months
    $120 a day X 7 days = $840 a week.
    $840 a week X 13 weeks = $10,920.
    Grand Total For 1st. Year
    $10,010 + $20,930 + $10,920 = $41,860.

For a new or an inexperienced truck driver, $41,860 for the 1st. year actually looks and sounds really good.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    What company, restaurant, or hamburger outlet will pay an employee $41,860 a year to flip burgers??
    Hamburger flippers, if they are lucky, may get 40 hours a week. A hamburger flipper often starts out at the federal minimum wage, which is $7.25 an hour, (here in Wichita KS).
    $7.25 an hour X 40 hours = $290 a week.
    $290 a week X 52 weeks = $15,080 a year.

$15,080 a year is $26,780 a year LESS than $41,860 a year.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  8. Papa_Squirrel

Apr 27, 2015
    Waterloo, NY
    In NY mcdonalds starts employees at $10 hr in my home town lol that's what I was basing it off of. I agree pay isn't bad for someone brand new jumping into the business. However doesn't work for me, if you break it down to what you would be paid cpm it is lowest in the industry even behind a company like swift. When I did the math even if I had to sit for 34 hrs for a reset each week I would still break a grand a week. I have only had to reset once on the road and I still had 3500+ miles that week. I think the company is trying to save some money, and pull the wool over people's eyes. The miles are there it's what you make of it. I sat for two days for a guy to relay a load that was 200 miles from me and he had a full clock coming off a reset. If you run like that then that pay is awesome for you. I hate sitting and wasting time, so I could never run like that. If I'm gonna be away from my kids and family for weeks then I #### sure am gonna make as much money as I can so I can do all kinda of fun stuff when I am home.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  9. Clamhammer

Clamhammer Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2015
    making 11 dollars an hour with zero over time.

10. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Do they pay you seven days a week?
    Do they pay during hometime?
    I doubt that comes out to 41k per year if not.
    I guess I can scratch Navajo off my list.
    Too bad, I love the trucks.

11. Papa_Squirrel

Apr 27, 2015
    Waterloo, NY
    You are paid for every day willing and able to work so if home time, no. But if you're available and have hours but there is no load you still get paid.

On another note I get the feeling the company is hurting for money. With this pay scale thy benefits no one but the company, and I've heard that the com drivers are sitting while the daily pay drivers are running, obviously because it's cheaper. They also today told is that they are changing everyone's health insurence from a nice conventional plan to a ppo with a $2500 deductable, again benefits no one but the company an they just sent a msg in Qualcomm, no warning or anything just hey at the end of the month everyone is going on ppo.

Corporate has also been sending nagging, nasty messages about over idling and fuel compliance. Told you are alowed to idle when it's over 80 but if you do you will get calls and messages demanding you explain yourself. I mistakenly pumped a couple more gallons than I was supposed to and got called out on it, even after letting DM know immediately after.

There is definitely some shady stuff going on. I wouldn't advise anyone to sign on with them right now. Seems like might be needing a new company myself soon.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    The Crossword Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.