Navplus GPS

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by ragtopjr, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ragtopjr

ragtopjr Light Load Member

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can
    Does anyone have this in their truck? I just got my new truck (company) and it has this in it...

Now my first complaint is that it has a warning for sharp curves which comes up on the screen and blares a warning which #### near blasts me out of the seat, and overrides the stereo.

The part that blows me away in this age where so much emphasis is on "Distracted Driving" and this Piece of crap warns you that there is a sharp curve up ahead and then REQUIRES you take your focus off the road to press the "OK" button.... Doesnt sound real safe to me!

Is there a way to disable this warning, or disable the Gps itself? My Rand Mcnally is a much better unit anyway!

This thing is driving me nuts!

Any idea's?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I'll never drive another truck that didn't come from the factory with toggle switches. I think that was about 2004 or '05??? You can have it lol. I do have a Rand mcnally gps a friend let me borrow but I haven't figured it out just yet. The car gps I got from wally world for $99 is ok. I only started using a gps this past year. Still plan most routes from memory although I do give credit to gps for saving me many many extra miles that ordinarily I wouldn't have saved cause I thought I knew better...

4. ragtopjr

ragtopjr Light Load Member

May 14, 2008
    Saskatoon,Sk,Can
    Sounds like the fix will be at KW Dealers next week!

5. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Did you ever find a way to disable the alerts? I agree, it's way too loud and more annoying than useful. Trying to avoid a trip to the dealer since they are just about as annoying as the warning is. Thanks!

6. emptypockets8125

emptypockets8125 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Waxhaw, NC
    Go to nav, then settings, profile, edit, scroll down to cautions an Advisories and in check what you don't want for it to alert you then click ok. Then save. All should be done.

7. BoldFlavor

BoldFlavor Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Worked! Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.