Need a 2nd chance

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jayjay31, Sep 14, 2019.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ... and thus arrives the naysayers. Everybody needs a chance.. or a 2nd one.

Tomcat back quiet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jayjay31

Jayjay31 Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2019
    What's your opinion on this company?
    Most the big known companies I applied for said safety department won't let me work for them

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You are required to change over to Maryland asap. within 30 days. If you are found through other means not to have residency in WVa, that license will be revoked and you will be paying Maryland a large fee for the priveldge to register like you should have done within 30 days of moving there.

I hope your suspensions in the past are not CDL based. If they are then its not good. I think you can only have two suspensions before your CDL is revoked possibly for life depending on offense.

Your speeding tickets are also verboten in this industry. 15 and over is really bad. Maryland is a absolute speed law state. 1 mph is just as bad as 150 over. (*They used to arrest on sight anything above 90)

And you have one revoking already.

Its not good. The only thing I can think of for you if you hold a CDLA go work for a fly by night dump truck outfit that does not give a #### as long you are on your feet fueling the thing at sunrise ready to work until you cannot see at night. You can expect to be captured by DOT increasingly interested in the poor maintaince of said dump truck.

In about 5 years to 10 years maybe you will start over in the trucking with a CDL if you still have one then and not let yourself go medically and ESPECIALLY not involved in pain management or pot drugs of legal or not.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Better off 'not to' ... like the song, Alanis Morisette... "easier not to" imho. I'm tired. Check out what China and I have mentioned.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Wish you well, Jay Jay. Listen to X1 and look into what China and I have purported for opportunities to ya..

again, out.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Of course not....some companies will allow you up to 3 moving violations in 3 years, many others less than that. Slow that vehicle down man.....

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There may be kings of tickets around here, but not many of them have been set down in a room with a very large state suit bellering a one way profanity laced conversation about how badly I have botched the privileged of driving. And as such I should be a professional as it is. outrageous and disgusting.

Bleah. Kids get the principals office in their time I get age spotted suits who cannot be bothered to raise their BP on yet another bad driver who really should not drive anything.

9. Jayjay31

Jayjay31 Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2019
    All my tickets are in a personal vehicle

10. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Suspension / revoked license aside.. Just guessing that you got suspended for 3 spending tickets in a year..

How bad are the speeding tickets? Are they 5mph over? 10? 20mph over?

Anything 15 mph and over is very serious in this industry. If you have multiples in the last few years 15 and over it’s likely that no one here could help you..

If you care to share exactly what the speeding ticket details are it would help.

x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok but if you held a CDL A or B when those tickets were written....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.