Need a car moved

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TN Flatbedder, Aug 1, 2021.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Let's not leave out the scumbag that demands payment before unloading, or wants to deliver at night to cover up damages, or the prick that threatens to take your car to the auction if you don't .

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Hiding damage under cover of darkness is criminal behavior and should be prosecuted.
    That said , I see no reason not to ask for payment before unloading.
    I have a buddy that does car hauling and he sees people at their worst.
    One famous trick is customers who have the car running when you get there.
    They jump started it and it has a dead battery but they wont tell you that. They pretend its fine.
    He says he always turns the car off as soon as he gets there and then sets up.
    If the car will not start up on its own he either wont take it or he charges more money.
    Those cars have to get shuffled several times on a cross country trip and if they dont start its a HUGE PITA

4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    So you can take all the time you want to inspect a car and expect your customer to do it in 5 minutes and demand cash. You want cash, make an appointment so I can put the car in the wash bay and wash it and do a proper inspection, other than that you get a check and bill signed subject to inspection.. A 1/4 scratch on a car is no big deal, unless it's a custom paint job, any damages will be repaired to MY satisfaction. If you want to play bumper cars with your freight stick to hauling copart cars.

5. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    This segment of the trucking industry is just full of scuzzballs.
    Can you imagine a dry van or reefer or flatbed driver demanding cash before they unload your cargo or let you see the cargo ?

if you need a car moved, just rent a truck and trailer and do it yourself .
    It’s cheaper and much much faster.

Otherwise it’s weeks and weeks of dealing with former communists who can barely speak English and demand cash before you get to see your car .

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.