Need a little advice from another perspective.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Azcannon, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Outcast Trucker

Outcast Trucker Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Salem, Alabama
    No Double clutching needed.They just want to know if you can drive an 18 wheeler without running over anyone, or the curb.Just drive like you've been driving. The people at orentation are pretty cool,and they know you will be on edge because they are in the truck with you.Just take your time.It's not a race with them,no matter how many people have to test out.They would rather see you take a little time then to try and hurry through it. OH and remember "GET OUT AND LOOK" they love that.It shows them that your willing to do what ever you have to do to stay safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    Thanks, I am pretty excited to get started working, I gave two weeks at my current job and it seems like its taking forever and I have never been more bored than I am this last week. I am kinda nervous about quitting a job and taking a bus 4 states over and then being weeded out - not because of you saying that mind you , its just I have read that before many times from other people at various orientations ( from different companies ). I am leaving my job in great standings and would be easily rehired but I would hate to waste all that time for nothing. They do have me doing orientation in Tulsa , then going out with a Trainer, I will remember what you said about the forklift drivers and keep an eye out , thanks.

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, don't sweat getting weeded out... once you're in orientation the main reason you'll be sent home is if you don't pass the physical. They should already have checked your dac and mvr by the time you get there.

5. sniper481

sniper481 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2012
    What type of physical do they give and do you need to take there physical even if you have your med card? Thanks in advance.

6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Physical is a normal dot physical. Eyes ears blood pressure urine screening and drug test. Then you do the tarp lifts and balancing tests. They will have you do one regardless of if you have a current card or not. If you're interested in Melton, I could answer any questions you may have. :)

sniper481 Thanks this.
  7. sniper481

sniper481 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks Noggin appreciate the info. What do they do for the balance test?

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Standing with feet together close your eyes and stand still as possible .

9. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    The recruiter told me they have you balance on one foot for 30 seconds , have to do both feet without falling .She never mentioned your test

10. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, its each leg for 30 seconds. Don't wobble too much or you'll have to redo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.